International Rescue Committee
Under the joint supervision of the Field Coordinator and the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Officer supports the day-to-day operations of the NWSW Base. He/she is the point person who provides essential support to all human resources functions.
The Human Resources Officer will be conducting human resources activities including recruitment and orientation, personnel records, employee benefits and health insurance and payroll, performance and staff development management.
The NGO The International Rescue Committee is hiring a Human Resources/Admin Officer in Buea, Southwest
Missions / Responsibilities / Activities
- Assist programs and sector leads in the planning, organization and delivery of their recruitment operations in accordance with IRC deadlines and procedures;
- Prepare HR contributions and participate in project launch and/or follow-up meetings;
- Participate in the definition of the job profile and validate the recruitment requests.
- Write vacancy announcements and ensure their dissemination in the channels referenced by IRC;
- Pre-select candidates
- Coordinate interviews or take charge of them depending on the level of the position and carry out the required checks and controls;
- Prepare recruitment reports and ensure their timely validation;
- Update personnel data in the platforms referenced by IRC;
- Prepare the induction plan for new recruits and ensure its timely implementation.
- within the required time frame;
- Periodically update the recruitment tracker and ensure its accuracy
- Organize the administrative follow-up of recruitment operations: archiving and filing of recruitment files.
Administration of Human Resources
- Prepare and follow up on employment contracts, amendments to employment contracts and exit procedures;
- Follow up on trial periods and fixed-term contracts;
- Ensure the approval of contracts in accordance with labor regulations.
- Personnel administration: Ensure that all national employees’ personnel files are complete and up to date;
- Maintain and update tracking sheets for all personnel related benefits, leave, performance appraisal and annual increments, orientation, employment contracts, etc. and produce monthly reports for the HR Manager
- Review national staff time sheets before submitting them monthly to the HR Manager;
- Follow up on all insurance issues for staff, including adding and deleting staff members from/to employer liability and medical insurance plans, as well as tracking payments and claims, etc.
- Periodically update the leave tracker and ensure its accuracy
- Periodically update the staff list and share with HR Manager
- Prepare payroll variables, ensure supporting documentation is complete and transmitted in a timely manner for payroll processing.
- Ensure that all information related to the personnel in his/her base is communicated.
Interactions with social and institutional entities
- Maintain good relationship and communication with social organizations, labor inspection, labor medical doctor.
- Participate in the selection of private health insurance services;
- Be the focal point for private health insurance;
- Follow-up on the incorporation and withdrawal of health insurance;
- Orient and share with staff information on the benefits of insurance.
Performance and Staff Development management
- Participate in the orientation of staff on the performance management process
- Ensure the implementation of the objective setting process, the mid-term review and the annual performance appraisal of the staff of his/her base within the required timeframe;
- Collect and file the objective sheets and development plan for the staff of his/her base.
- Ensures the execution and follow-up of personnel development plans, mandatory and optional personnel training
- Prepares a dashboard and ensures regular monitoring of development objectives;
- Ensure that all staff members have medical insurance cards and keep track of them;
- Ensure all staff members have an organization’s email address and means of access to internal communication.
Skills / Requirements / Qualities
- Education : Minimum: University degree (Bachelor degree or higher), or certification in management, Human Resources or similar professional qualification
- Work Experience: Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in Administration and Human Resources in a similar capacity, preferably in an international NGO
- Experience in team supervision preferred.
Skills and competencies:
- Good knowledge of the Cameroonian labor law.
- Proficient in the office package: Word, Excel, Access and Microsoft Outlook
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to organize tasks simultaneously, prioritize work and ensure tasks are completed on time
- Honest, reliable and trustworthy
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Willingness to respect and enforce IRC rules.
- Good team management skills: ability to mentor and support others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people in a multicultural environment.
- Good resilience: able to cope with field conditions during missions
- Regular visits to the field to provide in-person HR support as needed.
» Level of experience: Experienced
» Years of experience: Between 1 and 3 years
» Minimum Academic Level: License
Please click on the apply button below to submit your application
To apply for this job please visit rescue.csod.com.