Job Location: Douala, Cameroon
About the role: We are looking for a Graphic Designer to be part of our fast-paced team. You will have the opportunity to work on exciting in-house marketing and social media campaigns. You’ll also be working with our copywriter, brand managers as well as collaboratively with other internal teams and senior management to create authentic, engaging and compelling communication. Create transformative, industry-defining work that helps set our Sun King brand above the rest. We are looking for talent, passion and enthusiasm.
What you would be expected to do:
- Brainstorming visual and copy ideas with other members of the marketing/creative team.
- Modifying artwork to achieve the desired outcome
- You’ll demonstrate initiative in responding to briefs, bringing ideas to life with an enthusiastic and proactive approach
- You’ll take responsibility for your work and be able to prioritize projects in an organized manner, managing expectations across teams
- You’ll demonstrate originality in ideas, amending and redeveloping creative work in response to creative direction provided by senior creatives
- Conceptualize and design highly effective point of sale materials to be used in a variety of channels in Cameroon and other Francophone countries.
- An impeccable attention to detail and proven track record of delivering high quality work on time.
- Curious about new trends, promoting an environment where ideas flow and expertise are shared.
- Demonstrates an exceptional level of creativity that is very practically applied.
- Passionate about typography, layout and brand identity.
- Goes beyond the parameters of a brief to deliver better than requested.
- Create partner and consumer facing global assets and merchandising for print and web: flyers, posters, proposals, brochures, emails, etc.
- Comfortable expressing ideas and collaborating with others to find the best solution and capable of delivering high quality work independently.
- Able to prioritize a varied workload and work well under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Experienced in designing and producing high-quality creative content for a range of print and digital channels (websites, social, email, video/film, leaflets, poster, events, presentations etc.)
- E-commerce Listing Content
- Creating fresh designs for multiple platforms ranging from Jumia, Pepperfry, Croma, Amazon, Flipkart, etc.
- Designing seasonal advertisements, promotional & festive campaigns.
- Social Media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram) Posts: Festival creatives, Product promotions.
- In-App advertising designs
- End to end designs to enable loyalty program launch with audiences
- New brand property launch designs
- Launch Designs
- Merchandise designs
- Assist in execution of plan as per the concepts suggested
You might be a strong candidate if you have
- A degree in arts or graphic design or considerable professional experience in the creative field.
- At least 3+ years of experience working in an advertising, branding or marketing agency or another similarly fast-paced environment.
- Highly adept at Adobe Illustrator/ Photoshop/ InDesign (knowledge on the workings of the wider Adobe Creative Suite is a plus).
- Be highly creative and imaginative
- Fluency in both written and spoken French and English
- Excellent interpersonal skills and work well in a team
- Clear thinking and problem-solving ability
- Excellent attention to details
- Enthusiasm in continuously expanding on skills
What we offer (in addition to compensation and statutory benefits)
We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Sun King offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Sun King believes in equal opportunity for all people, everywhere. It is the reason we exist! So, regardless of your race, colour, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/Aids status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law, we will accept your application and make a decision based on your suitability for the position. An opportunity to grow as a professional in a dynamic, fast growing, high impact industry;
- The chance to work in an open minded, collaborative culture surrounded by enthusiastic Sun King Employees who are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with profound impact on the world;
- A truly multicultural experience: you will have the chance to work with and learn from people from different geographies, nationalities, and backgrounds.
Structured, tailored learning and development programs that help you become a better leader, manager, and professional through the Greenlight Academy
About Sun King
Sun King designs, distributes, and finances the purchase of solar powered home energy solutions for the world’s 1.3 billion under-electrified consumers. We are market leaders in the distributed off-grid solar industry, and our Sun King™ products have enabled 90 million people around the world to access clean, reliable, solar-powered light and energy at home.
Sun King products range from portable solar lamps to more robust multi-light solar home systems, to solar-powered televisions and fans and energy-efficient inverter bulbs. Our products drastically improve the quality of life for those that lack reliable electricity access: they help extend the number of productive, income-generating hours in a day; they enable children to study after dark; they allow families and communities to gather safely to socialize after sunset; and when replacing field-based sources of light like kerosene lamps, they reduce exposure to indoor air pollution.
We reach our customers through two distinct business models: a vast network of more than 300 distribution partners across 40 countries, and through our EasyBuy™ Direct sales channel, where we sell directly to consumers in India, Kenya, Myanmar, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Mozambique, Togo, and Zambia through a network of more than 15,000 commission sales agents. Our customers have the option to purchase these products upfront or to pay for them through an installment payment plan over a period of 4-18 months through our Sun King EasyBuy™ line, our technology-enabled ‘pay-as-you-go’ (PAYG) systems.
Sun King employs more than 2,000 people in 11 countries across sub-Saharan Africa and Asia. We are passionate about serving off-grid customers, and we are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with a profound impact on the world.
Sun Kung is committed to gender equality in the workplace. Women represent 47% of Greenlight’s workforce.
To apply for this job please visit greenlightplanet.pinpointhq.com.