Technovation is the world’s largest technology entrepreneurship program for girls. Our mission is to empower girls, especially those from underrepresented communities, to develop problem solving skills, self-efficacy, and financial capacity, critical to them becoming leaders and changemakers in their communities.
Through Technovation, girls work in teams supported by mentors to develop mobile & AI based solutions to problems in their communities. Over the past 15 years we have engaged ~350,000 participants across 120+ countries.
About this Opportunity
At Technovation, we see graphic design as a visual storytelling tool to engage, inform, and inspire. We are looking for a highly creative graphic designer who can take conceptual ideas and create visual representations for digital media and events.
Our ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of current design software, have a working knowledge of best practices for designing for social media and email, and be skilled in every step of the design process (from concept to the final deliverable).
Collaborating with multiple teams at our company, the Graphic Designer should be able to take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them into designs that connect and inspire. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of branding and marketing, with the ability to vary style and layouts depending on the project.
We are looking for an amazing visual storyteller! If you think you have what it takes to bring ideas and stories to life in different formats with visual impact, we want to hear from you.
- Use graphic design to craft captivating stories that are engaging, have a clear message, and maintain brand consistency across every communications channel.
- Establish the look and feel for various platforms/communications channels in collaboration with the Chief Branding Officer and the Creative Manager.
- Collaborate, brainstorm, and strategize with the Marketing Team on multiple projects for a wide range of materials that may include social media assets (for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and TikTok), websites, presentations, internal communication, newsletters, blog posts, email marketing and events materials.
- Translate strategic direction into high-quality design within an established brand identity.
- Create strong, collaborative working relationships with the Marketing Team and across the organization.
- Update and maintain internal databases of designs, photography, and video.
Ideal Candidate Skills
- A graphic designer passionate about storytelling with an understanding of cross-channel marketing: web, social, CRM, and paid media.
- 3+ years experience with design software, particularly Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Proven experience and innovative skills with graphic design, with a strong portfolio of work.
- Experience creating visual content for social media platforms.
- Knowledge of WordPress and content management systems.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills for meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential.
- Desire to continue to growing skill set with ongoing education and training.
- Passionate about empowering girls around the world with skills to create a more equitable and sustainable future
Great to have
- Experience with video editing.
- Proficiency in After Effects with: motion graphics, character animation and compositing.
- Photography experience and proficiency with photo-editing software.
- Experience working or volunteering with a nonprofit.
Salary and Perks
- Meaningful work. You’ll contribute directly to growing a movement, empowering girls to learn and use cutting-edge technologies to solve real-world problems impacting them in 100+ countries.
- Autonomy. We don’t micromanage. We trust you to communicate clearly and discuss decisions with any people affected. In collaboration and negotiation with colleagues, you will be responsible for marketing & communication related decision-making.
- Workplace input. We are open to adopting new workflows, new software, or other improvements that you think would increase our success with agreement for recommendations from colleagues.
- Flexible work environment. We have core hours, but no one is looking over your shoulder. Go to appointments when you need to, as long as you are producing quality work on time.
To apply for this job please visit www.technovation.org.