Location: Yaounde, Cameroon
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Position Intern Grant Accountant Grade
Department & Location Grants Department Country Office Date 05/05/2022
Reports to (position): Business Development Manager
Purpose: How does this post support Plan’s strategy and mission? Provide support to the grants department in the follow-up key processes and tasks related to manage funds and archiving
Dimensions of Role:
• Report to the Business Development Manager
• Support the tasks related Accountant position
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
• Follow up grants roster daily and sending reminders for submission of FR
• Assist in the review of financial reports of projects. Downloading smartlist using sponsored programs in order to check Nrgrants and following up the corrections with project accountants.
• Assist grant accountant in the preparation of the cost recovery sheet. Checking that the cost recovery sheet is updated with recent projects. Checking the budgets available for cost recovery on different projects and verifying how much has already been recovered.
• Assist grant accountant in ensuring all grant income and expenditures have been recorded. Checking with finance about recent income received in bank accounts. filling all credit and debit notes in grants ledger and ensuring that corresponding entries are made in the grant’s module.
• Ensuring project files (both soft and hard copies) are complete and up to date. Ensuring that the project files have the FAD stage 3, signed FR and invoices, most recent mapping sheets, and any FAD addendums
• Assist in grant set up in SAP. Verify that the mapping sheets corresponds to the PO in SAP. Follow up the creation of sponsored programs prior to derivation by grant accountant.
• Assist in reviewing PO modifications by checking budget against FAD, expenditure against CJI3 report and commitments in CJI5 report before further review by grant accountant.
Dealing with Problems:
• Ability to solve problems and thinking strategically
• Introducing innovations for programs design and resource mobilisation
• Providing advice
• A source of expertise.
Communications and Working Relationships:
Working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact
• High contact with grants department
• Minimal contact with other departments at CO
• Program Units
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Gained through education, training, & experience
Qualification and Experience
• At least HND or BTS in accounting, finance, management, economics
• At least one experience preferably in an international development organization,
• Accounting experience in data entry
• Knowledge of local finance system,
• Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet),
• Be bilingual (French and English)
Demonstrated behaviors needed by the postholder to successfully perform the role:
• Promotes innovation and learning
• Communicates effectively and enthusiastically
• Behaves consistently in their approach to work and decision-making
• Communication skills, appropriate to the audience
• Capability to communicate ideas and technical information to a non-technical audience
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
• Strong Team-building and motivational skills
Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice.
• Good reporting skills
• Influencing and negotiation skills
• Strong written and spoken English and French
Physical Environment and Demands:
May be “typical office environment”; note if heavy lifting, climbing, excess travel, etc.
Typically, office environment with participation in meetings in YaoundeLevel of Contact with Children:
The position will be based at the Country Office and level of contact with children is very low
Closing Date: 21-05-22
Click here to view related jobs
To apply for this job please visit jobs.plan-international.org.