The Nkafu Policy Institute is a nonpartisan, independent think-tank at the Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation based in Yaoundé, Cameroon. Its mission is to provide independent, in-depth, and insightful policy recommendations that advance the Cameroonian economy and the economies of other sub-Saharan African countries and promote peace and security issues across Africa.
Founded in 2012 by Dr. Denis Foretia, the Nkafu Policy Institute seeks to advance public policies that help all Africans prosper in free, fair, peaceful, and sustainable economies. Our reputation is founded on our independence, high-quality research, and innovative policy prescriptions. The Nkafu Policy Institute brings together leading analysts, experts, and contributors from three continents, Africa, Europe, and America in the fields of governance and democracy; health and education; peace and security; science and technology; and economic policy.
The Governance and Democracy Division of the Nkafu Policy Institute strives to promote the fundamental principles of democracy and governance, including free and fair elections, independent media, accountable and transparent governments, the rule of law, and respect of human rights.
The Nkafu Policy Institute is looking for a Senior Policy Analyst to review and analyze issues on governance and democratic issues in Cameroon and Africa. The policy analyst will work to raise public awareness of issues and shape governments policy.
Reporting to the Director of the Governance & Democracy Division, the Senior Policy Analyst is expected to write two scientific articles per month, organize at least four pro-democracy events annually and act as moderator, and draft at least two grant proposal to various organizations for projects to promote democracy and inclusionary governance in the country/continent. Specifically, the Senior Policy Analyst shall be expected to perform the following task:
- Carry out scientific research on issues and themes on governance and democracy.
- Research to gather global good practices and analyses on governance and democracy.
- Undertake policy analysis on emerging events happening on the African continent on governance and democracy.
- Write and publish articles and policy briefs and Op-Eds on emerging issues on governance and democracy.
- Participate in the execution of projects in the Governance and Democracy Division.
- Facilitate in training workshops, seminars, webinars, and conferences related to Governance and Democratic issues in Africa.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Successful candidates will hold Advanced degrees (Ph.D.) in their fields or have demonstrated work experience and scholarly output.
- The individual must have the competence to pursue cutting-edge work and strong communication skills to influence Democracy and Governance.
- Strong candidates will be Bilingual or have a working knowledge of both English and French.
- Ability to communicate ideas concisely and coherently.
- Ability to identify and address relevant gender perspectives in substantive work.
- Excellent command of written and verbal English and French.
- Experienced working with research software packages.
- Proven relevant research experience.
All applications will be completed ONLINE using the Application Portal. To complete your application, you will need:
- A one-page cover letter indicating your research areas of interest (in PDF
- A curriculum vita / Resume (in PDF)
- A professional photo
- A previous written work (published or unpublished) that demonstrates the candidate’s abilities (in PDF)
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis (starting March 31, 2023) and continue until all position is filled.
To apply for this job please visit www.foretiafoundation.org.