Location: Globally,, Flexible
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
As Gender in Emergencies Technical Lead you will position Plan International to lead the Disaster Risk Management sector in gender transformative humanitarian programming.
You will also provide leadership across the organisation on Gender in Emergencies developing clear and realistic conceptual thinking, guidance and tools. In addition, provide technical advice in ensuring gender is incorporated in a meaningful way into the design, implementation and monitoring of Disaster Risk Management programmes.
- We are looking for someone with significant experience in planning, design and implementation of integrated humanitarian programmes.
- Significant experience of working in a range of humanitarian contexts (e.g. refugee, conflict, rapid onset)
- Demonstrable experience working in advocacy, influencing and negotiating skills, experienced in gaining commitment from a wide range of people, bringing about change and providing support from a distance
- Knowledge of international humanitarian standards and codes of conduct
- Excellent skills in writing funding submissions and donor reports
- Excellent communication skills in English are essential and the ability to work in at least one other international language – French, Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic – would be beneficial.
Location: Flexible Location (Preferably Global Hub, Woking or where Plan International has a legal entity** and you have the pre-existing right to live and work). Employment terms will be based on local conditions. Travel required for this role up to 35%
Type of Role: 1-year fixed-term contract (maternity cover)
Salary: We will be happy to disclose the salary and applicable benefits to applicants as part of this process, however, please kindly note that this will vary according to the location of the appointed candidate and therefore, it is not possible to include full details here.
Reports to: Head of DRM Technical Team
Closing Date: Wednesday 18th May 2022
To apply for this job please visit jobs.plan-international.org.