DUVAL ARNO DISTRIBUTION is recruiting 01 Food Purchasing Manager M/F
The Food Purchasing Manager M/F guarantees the achievement of the company’s quantitative and qualitative objectives in terms of the acquisition of goods and services. He/she strongly contributes to a good dynamics of the company’s economy by minimizing purchasing expenses in order to maximize profits during sales, while ensuring that the quality standards of the products or services purchased correspond to the requirements. the company.
To do this, he/she must:
- Take care of the organizational, contractual, financial and logistical aspects of the company’s purchases.
- Represent his company during the negotiation and conclusion of business deals.
Market watch and prospection
- Analyze the markets of the products in its portfolio based on market studies as well as their sales statistics within the brand to know the trends in demand.
- Document yourself in depth on the products in your portfolio so as to have a very detailed knowledge of them.
- Know the range of products in its portfolio existing on the market, both nationally and regionally or locally, and even internationally.
- Regularly monitor the offer of new products (visit to exhibitions, specialized publications, competitive intelligence, etc.).
Definition of the purchasing policy
- Choose the assortments to buy based on the assortment strategy
- Determine the quantities for each product, a purchasing schedule and the expected margins (in line with the company’s strategy).
- Establish specifications for the quantities of products, deadlines, quality, financial conditions desired.
Prospecting and consultation of suppliers, negotiation of purchasing conditions
- Research suppliers for products to purchase.
- Launch calls for tenders based on specifications.
- Retain the best offers and negotiate prices with suppliers, taking into account all the determinants of the order: quantity, deadlines and delivery conditions, financial conditions granted, promotional operations, gondola ends (especially in food retailing), discounts on end of the year
- Draw up contracts (possibly framework agreements) with suppliers in conjunction with the company’s legal department.
- Transmit signed contracts to commercial and supply departments.
- Resolve commercial and financial disputes.
- Supervise supplies and ensure compliance with contractual clauses (quantity of products, quality, delivery times, any use-by dates, etc.).
- Contribute to the optimization of logistics, for example by grouping orders to optimize the loading of delivery trucks.
- Monitor and analyze sales in order to modify store layouts if necessary, to develop commercial operations (in close collaboration with points of sale).
- Calculate, track and analyze margins.
- Report the results of its activity to the hierarchy.
- Business School or Engineering graduate, have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a similar position and have managed a team of at least 5 people.
QUALITIES REQUIRED FOR THE JOB
We are looking for a person who has a strong ability to adapt, because his professional environment can change suddenly, going from a calm situation to a full emergency. It must also have certain skills in negotiation and stress management, to find the best agreements with many suppliers, the latter being never ready to leave you the slightest advantage too important in a negotiation.
HOW TO APPLY?
CV and cover letter to be sent only to the email address email@example.com with
the subject: ” FOOD PURCHASING MANAGER M/F “.
- Only pre-selected candidates will be invited
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged
Deadline for admissibility of application files: 16/12/2022