The Economic Community of Central African States recruits 01 Financial and Accounting Administrative Officer (RAFC)
CORPORATE NAME : The Project Coordination and Management Unit (UCGP) Regional “Hub” on the Transparency of Climate Action for the States of Central Africa JOB
TITLE : Financial and Accounting Administrative Manager (RAFC)
PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT : Douala – Cameroon
TYPE OF CONTRACT : Full-time individual service contract
DURATION : CDD 1 year (renewable)
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: April 15, 2023
DATE OF STARTING OFFICE : May 15, 2023
Terms of reference
SPECIFIC CONTEXT AND RATIONALE:
The Commission of the Economic Community of Central African States (ECCAS) is the executive body of the regional economic integration instrument in Central Africa. Its constitutive treaty of October 18, 1983 was the subject of a revision signed on December 18, 2019 and ratified to date by all 11 countries of the sub-region. It covers all the activities of public institutions, private companies, civil society and the populations of the region in an integral dynamic perspective based on five pillars: peace and security; common market ; environment and natural resources; land use planning and infrastructure; gender and human development. Economic Growth,
Humanity is facing one of the crucial challenges of the present times, namely climate change and the degradation of earth resources, which threaten the living environment of man and undermine the economic development efforts of countries, especially those developing countries.
To deal with this crisis, under the aegis of the United Nations, three major environmental conventions were adopted in 1992 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, including the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC ), to which all the member states of ECCAS have adhered. Each of these States is making efforts to implement it. In view of the constantly growing threats and to strengthen climate action, the parties to the UNFCCC adopted the Paris agreement in December 2015, which, unlike the Kyoto Protocol, is binding on all parties that sign on to it. commit, through a Nationally Determined Contribution (CDN), called to be renewed and be more ambitious every 5 years. It was indeed this exercise that had just been engaged in.
with a view to supporting Member States in setting up comprehensive and sustainable MRV systems and encouraging exchanges of experience between States. It aims to:
1. Create a center of expertise for climate action transparency
2. Assess the needs and priorities of each country
3. Build capacity in the Congo Basin
4. Create a network of national experts and officials
5 Disseminate tools and guidelines to support transparency
6. Support resource mobilization
This Hub is a collaborative approach involving the countries of the Congo Basin and various institutions and technical and financial partners supporting the Transparency of Climate Action.
For the management of this new initiative in Central Africa, the ECCAS Commission has created a Coordination and Management Unit of the said Hub based at CAPC-AC in Douala, Cameroon. As part of the constitution of the staff of this unit, it is planned to recruit an Administrative and Financial Manager.
As such, the Project Coordination and Management Unit invites motivated nationals of ECCAS Member States to submit their application for the post of Administrative and Financial Officer (RAF).
The objective is to ensure financial and accounting management of projects in line with the Hub’s objectives, according to the rules of the art and above all according to the requirements and contractual conditions specified in the financing agreements.
The consultant is responsible for the administrative, financial and accounting management of the projects entrusted to him, in accordance with the procedures of the various donors and the manuals of administrative, financial and accounting procedures. To this end, he must:
- Contribute to the implementation and ensure the proper functioning of the financial, accounting and administrative monitoring system of the Hub with the production of financial monitoring reports according to the requirements of each donor within the time limits and according to the specifications of the grant / loan agreements ;
- Supervise the keeping of the general, analytical and budgetary accounts of the projects;
- Ensure compliance with the provisions of administrative, financial and accounting procedures manuals;
- Contribute to the revision of the administrative, financial and accounting procedures manual;
- Contribute to maintaining an acceptable disbursement rate;
- Ensure acceptable results for the financial and accounting audit of the Projects.
- He (she) will work in direct and close collaboration with the Accounting Officer of the ECCAS Commission, so as to ensure that the project accounting integrates the Commission’s chart of accounts.
DETAILS OF THE MISSION:
Under the supervision of the Hub Coordinator, he/she is responsible for the coordination and control of the administrative, financial and accounting activities of the hub and ensures the execution of the annual budgets and monitors the annual procurement and disbursement plans.
As such, he/she performs the following activities:
- Coordination of Hub activities on administrative, financial and accounting aspects and monitors and controls their performance;
- Preparation of payment and/or reimbursement requests;
- Supervision of all accounting work with materialization of controls;
- Preparation of the disbursement plan of the annual work plan;
- Preparation of monthly budget execution reports (commitments, disbursements and cash) with reference to forecasts;
- Establishment of financial monitoring reports and financial statements of the various projects;
- Preparation of financial reports on the implementation of the project every six (6) months, including disbursements made against the previous payment and any unspent cash balance from the previous quarterly period, to be submitted to the Donor;
- Establishment of the files necessary for external accounting, budgetary and financial audits and application of the measures recommended by the auditors;
- Manage, monitor and update the personnel file;
- Contributes to the implementation of the recommendations issued by the external auditors, the Project Steering Committee and the supervision missions of the various Donors;
- Monitoring of the execution of project contracts;
- Control of disbursement plans,
- Follow-up of requests for replenishment of the Designated Account of each Project according to the provisions of the manual;
- Cash control of the projects concerned;
- Analysis of disbursement reports and adoption of appropriate measures to meet the deadlines therein;
- Control of the financial and budgetary execution of projects;
- Control of the application of the recommendations issued by the external auditors;
- Control of the application of the Manuals of administrative, budgetary, financial and accounting procedures of the project.
The candidate for the position of Administrative and Financial Manager of the Hub must have specialized training in Accounting/Management and Secretariat, meeting the criteria and references below:
- Hold at least a higher diploma in accounting and/or management at BAC+4 level (DECF, Master’s degree in accounting and finance or equivalent diplomas in management, accounting, finance or auditing, etc.), supplemented by training or experience secretarial/executive assistant;
- Have successful professional experience in a similar position of at least 3 years, preferably in projects funded by international donors;
- Have a good knowledge of the financial management mechanisms of development projects;
- Have experience in the use of standard office software (Word, Excel, Email, Power point, Access) and a perfect command of at least two accounting and financial management software;
- Have the ability and predisposition to work in a multicultural team
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged
- PERFORMANCE CRITERIA
- Prepare satisfactory financial monitoring reports;
- Submit satisfactory fundraising requests;
- Absence of unjustified suspense in third-party accounts;
- Submit audit reports on time;
- Submit disbursement tracking statistics on time;
- Inventory report drawn up on January 30 of each year;
- Annual financial statements drawn up on February 28 of each year;
- Invoices paid on time;
- Absence of ineligible expenses.
- A working knowledge of French and English is essential.
- Knowledge of another language (Spanish, Portuguese) is desirable.
HOW TO APPLY?
Motivated candidates are invited to submit their application (first): CV (with three references) + cover letter to the President of the ECCAS Commission at the e-mail address below: hubclimat@ceeac_eccas.org with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: April 15, 2023