- Job Title: Finance Officer
- Number of places: 01
- Employer: Society for Women and Aids in Africa Littoral
- Supervisor: Project Cordinator
- City / Country: Douala, Cameroon
- Estimated start date: June 06, 2022
SUMMARY PRESENTATION OF THE STRUCTURE
SWAA is a pan-African NGO created in 1988 during the World AIDS Conference in Stockholm. The goal was to set up a forum where African women would take collective action in the fight against AIDS, taking into account our respective socio-cultural contexts.
SWAA Cameroon was thus created in 1990 and SWAA Littoral in 1991. Initially located at the Laquintinie hospital in Douala, SWAA Littoral was transferred to rue Foch, in the Akwa district in Douala in its comprehensive care center called “Centre SON -NINKA”, financed by SIDACTION.
Since June 2019, SWAA Littoral, thanks to the generosity of many donors, has moved into its new premises, located in the Mbanga-Bakoko district, in the Douala 3rd district.
As part of the implementation of the project called KIDSS (Key Interventions to Develop Systems and Services for Orphans and Vulnerable Children) in Cameroon since 2014, funded by the Presidential Emergency Plan for the Fight against AIDS (PEPFAR) by the intermediary of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), and of which Catholic Relief Service (CRS) is the main implementing partner in Cameroon, SWAA Littoral is recruiting one (01) “Finance Officer” (Responsible for Finances in French).
TYPE OF CONTRACTS
The “Finance Officer” will be hired under a fixed-term employment contract of 04 months.
Missions / Responsibilities / Activities
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Finance Officer coordinates the management of the accounting systems, policies and procedures of the financial department, in accordance with the accounting and financial standards established by SWAA Littoral and the partner CRS, as well as local laws and regulations. , to support high-quality programs for indigent and vulnerable people. In addition, he/she will help coordinate day-to-day financial activities by preparing and providing financial services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- Record and maintain records for all daily transactions;
- Reconcile daily, monthly and annual transactions;
- Perform periodic financial analyzes to detect and resolve problems;
- Review and analyze supporting documents for financial transactions to ensure that all required documents are accurate and complete;
- Record financial transactions after appropriate authorizations; review various accounts to detect irregularities;
- Be a key point of contact for other departments, CRS and donors, on financial and accounting matters;
- Participate in the evaluation and monitoring of financial management processes of sub-recipients in accordance with the policy and in building the capacity of the partner in financial accounting and transactions;
- Prepare various financial reports, periodic and ad hoc, as required, and perform variance analyzes to facilitate decision-making and the appropriate management of financial resources;
- Execute assigned treasury tasks (cash payment/receipt, cash forecast, etc.), to the extent that segregation of duties is ensured;
- Perform all other duties related to his activities assigned by the hierarchy.
Skills / Requirements / Qualities
Training and Experience
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance, business management or any other related field.
- At least 02 years of experience in the successful financial management of internationally funded projects including at least 02 years in a PEPFAR funded project.
- A good knowledge of local legislation in the areas of taxation and local regulatory reporting obligations as well as the OHADA system is required.
- Have a proven ability in the use of the office pack with an emphasis on EXCEL software.
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Good ability to transmit knowledge
- Ability to absorb stress.
- Strategic view
» Level of experience: Experienced
» Years of experience: Between 1 and 3 years
» Minimum Academic Level: License
documents » Diplomas
» Cover letter
» Curriculum Vitae
Applications consisting of a letter of motivation addressed to the President of SWAA-Littoral, a curriculum vitae and a photocopy of the required diploma and proof of professional experience to the address email@example.com are expected at later Tuesday, May 30, 2022 at 8 a.m.
Applications from people residing in the vicinity of YASSA are strongly encouraged.
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be taken into account.