Unity Co-operative Society (UNICS Plc) is a Microfinance Institution created on the 15th of January 2000. Among other conventional financial products like savings accounts and current accounts, UNICS Plc has invested a lot in the development of value added services like Automated Teller Machine and the sale of Bank Cards, Online Banking, SMS Banking, Virtual Private Network, and many others. For the past 16 years, UNICS Plc has been able to position herself as one of the fastest growing financial institutions in Cameroon with highly improved technological facilities and well-developed products tailored to the needs of the public.
So as to coordinate and reinforce the Accounting Team at the Head Office, we are seeking the services of a FINANCE CONTROL and REPORTING OFFICER with a thorough knowledge of the Cameroon tax laws, OHADA and COBAC Accounting principles. Mastery of financial accounting and internal controls will be an added advantage.
In order to successfully achieve the purpose of this role, the position holder will perform the following tasks and should have the qualification and skills indicated below:
Objective of the position
- Ensures the compliance of the Microfinance accounting with the accounting principles and standards set by the COBAC and SYSCOHADA
- Elaborate and supervise all consolidated (agencies) and regulatory reporting of the MFI (Sesame reporting)
- Coordination and supervision of the closing process of the microfinance accounts (monthly, half-yearly, annually)
- Ensures the reliability of information communicated to all stakeholders (COBAC, MINFI, partners, Management; etc.)
- Assist the Head of Finance and Planning Department in the coordination of the audit process of the accounts and the elaboration of the annual report and in the administrative coordination of the department team.
- Supervision and elaboration of all reporting activities of the department within the deadlines. (Regulatory reporting, management, monitoring of the activities of branch accountants, etc.)
- Participate on the elaboration of the Board of Directors’ reports, annual report etc…
- Contribute to the implementation of new products and strategies of the institution.
- Ensure the reliability of financial information disclosed by the institution to all external partners (partners, BEAC, COBAC, ANEMCAM, CNEF, MINFI, CIME; etc.)
- Liaise with all External Auditors.
- Ensure compliance with the norms governing microfinance activities in terms of regulations
- Ensure the quality of the information contained in the accounts and the reports.
- Ensure the follow-up of corrective actions of audit points and other corrections related to the activities of the department and the institution;
- Assist in the Coordination of the institution’s reporting team;
- Ensure proper month-end and year-end closure process;
- Ensures the implementation of an efficient risk management mechanism to ensure thorough auto control of all transactions carried out at the back office in a bid to prevent, or reduce financial risk possibilities to a minimum;
- Assesses the budget of the institution on monthly basis.
Qualification and Experience:
- To have at least a Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance or Control
- To have at least three years of working experience in accounting and Internal Control position. Experience in a Financial Institution is an added advantage;
- Strong technical skills in the use of spreadsheet applications such as MS Excel (will be tested);
- Strong communication skills- both oral and written;
- Bilingual (English and French);
- Experience in process evaluation, implementing policies and procedures;
- Ability to work independently within a team fostered environment;