SITE EHS MANAGER
At Barry Callebaut, we are on a journey to transform the cocoa and chocolate industry. As the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products, our actions truly shape the future of our industry. We are a business-to-business company, serving the entire food sector, from the cocoa bean to the finest chocolate product. We are a company with a purpose, we believe in doing well by doing good and reinvesting in the communities we operate. We have a long-standing commitment to sustainability and our goal is to shape a sustainable cocoa and chocolate future. We are headquartered in Zurich, and have more than 12,000 passionate Employees working in more than 40 countries worldwide. We are very proud of who we are and what we do. And of course, we are always looking for talented people to help us have a positive impact on our industry and beyond!
About the Role:
Line Manager : Plant Manager
Category : 10
Location : Douala Douala, LT, CM, BP 570
No of positions : 01
Type of contract : Permanent Contract
The Environment Health and Safety Manager implements, oversees, and adapts policies and programs to improve the organization’s environmental, occupational health and safety performance, ensure it complies with current and future regulations and standards, and protect its reputation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage a variety of environmental, health, and safety (EHS) activities to ensure that the organization complies with external EHS regulations and standards as well as internal environmental policies and EHS management systems;
- Develop and implement policies and procedures so that the organization meets established EHS targets (eg: reducing accidents and injury, minimizing emissions, recycling waste);
- Monitor and evaluate the organization’s overall EHS performance to identify recurring problems; research, evaluate, and recommend to functional or operational areas managers changes to technology, equipment, systems, or processes that will improve the organization’s EHS performance;
- Develop and implement EHS initiatives to build a strong safety culture in the plant;
- Maintain positive relationships with the local community, environmental groups, or other stakeholders who are impacted by, or interested in, the environmental and safety performance of the organization;
- Keep up-to-date with proposed and actual changes in environmental regulations to ensure the company’s EHS policies remain current and relevant;
- Ensure appropriate fire prevention and protection equipment/devices are in place and well maintained:Ensuring devices compliance to relevant requirement
- Monitoring the effectiveness of maintenance contracts for equipment/devices (Detectors, extinguishers, …)
- Organize the Site’s Team for emergency preparedness and response (Internal Firefighting brigade – First Aiders):Providing appropriate training to the Teams
- Leading activities in case of emergency (Fire, Spillages, Incidents, …)
- Planning, executing and monitoring simulations (Fire, Spillages, Drills…)
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of EHS professionals to ensure that the organization’s EHS strategy is implemented effectively and within established budgets and that the organization complies with all relevant regulations, laws, and standards
- Master Degree in Engineering, Management, Occupational Health and Safety or Environmental Sciences
- 5+ years of relevant working experience in SHE (Experience in agro-industry will be an asset)
- Excellent knowledge of Management Systems & regulations (QSE, QHSE, OHSAS, ILO, ISO 14001, GRI)
- Good knowledge of English – advanced level
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections
- Good knowledge of continuous improvement tools
- Stakeholder Management
- Effective Team Leadership
- Building People Capability
- Strategic Vision
- Driving Change
- Analyst & Concept
At Barry Callebaut, we are committed to Diversity & Inclusion. United by our strong values, we thrive on the diversity of who we are, where we come from, what we’ve experienced and how we think. We are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment where people can truly be themselves, grow to their full potential and feel they belong. #oneBC – Diverse People, Sustainable Growth.
If you want to learn more about Barry Callebaut, please find further information here.
Were you missing anything in this job ad? Please share your feedback with us by clicking here.
For your daily job/internship updates: Click here to join our Telegram group
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barry-callebaut.com.