Contract duration: 9 months
Deadline for receipt of applications: May 27, 2022 at 5 p.m.
As part of the implementation of its ”Canine for Conservation” program, African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) Cameroon is considering recruiting a driver. The latter will have the role of supporting the activities of the canine project through the facilitation of the movements of the team of handlers and dogs. Travel will be in the city of Yaoundé on the one hand and to Nsimalen International Airport on the other. The Driver will be technically supervised by the Head of Administration & Finance and administratively by the project’s Technical Advisor.
1- Support for the implementation of the ”Canine for Conservation” project
– Drive the project vehicle for the transport of dogs to the implementation site (Yaoundé-Nsimalen International Airport)
– Carry out the races of the project in the city and keep the technical sheet of the vehicle up to date
2- Vehicle maintenance
– Take care of the daily maintenance of the vehicle for which he is responsible, and make arrangements for repairs in the event of a breakdown (inform the supervisor of any breakdowns or suspected breakdowns);
– Check the level of fuel and lubricants so as to avoid running out of fuel, fill in and sign the fuel sheet at each fuel cycle
3- Compliance with AWF policies
– Respect and ensure compliance with the rules for the use of the organization’s vehicles in any place and at any time (filling in the logbook, wearing seat belts, no alcohol, no drugs, no people/ foreign materials on board without prior authorisation)
– Ensure that all administrative documents relating to the circulation of vehicles are up to date, notify the supervisor at least one month in advance in the event of expiry of said documents
– Perform any other additional tasks required by the supervisor as part of the service
– Holder of driving license D;
– Holder of a minimum BEPC/CAP/GCE O;
– Have knowledge of mechanics;
– Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position;
– Experience with an NGO would be an asset;
– Good knowledge of the city of Yaoundé;
– The candidate must be mature and comfortable in a multicultural work environment, promote teamwork and be able to handle pressure;
F Strong ability to adapt;
– Fluency in French and/or English.
Please send a motivation letter, your updated detailed CV on a single PDF file, bearing your telephone number, your address and your names, as well as three references. Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Only the preselected candidates will be contacted.
Applications from women are encouraged.
For your daily job/internship updates: Click here to join our Telegram group