As part of its humanitarian activities, the French association Première Urgence Internationale is looking for: A Distribution Supervisor
Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity, non-profit, apolitical and secular. Its objective is to meet all the basic needs of civilian victims endangered, marginalized or excluded by the effects of natural disasters, wars and situations of economic collapse. PUI is present in 22 countries, in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, the Caucasus and the Caribbean, and operates in the areas of food security, health, nutrition, infrastructure rehabilitation, water , sanitation and economic recovery.
PUI has been present in Cameroon since 2008, first on the East / Adamaoua front then in the Far North (EN) in 2014/2015, via its base in Maroua. It carries out emergency and recovery activities in Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (WASH), Nutritional Food Security and Livelihoods (SANME), Essential Household Items (AME)/Shelter. Since 2017, PUI has expanded into Logone-et-Chari (LC) from its base in Kousseri where teams carry out projects in SANME, EHA, Shelter, AME (Essential Household Items) as part of the Rapid Response Mechanism ( RRM).
In 2022 PUI set up an RRM in the West region. Indeed, in recent years, Cameroon has been facing an internal crisis in the English-speaking regions of the North West and South West (NOSO). This crisis, initially based on corporatist demands from lawyers and teachers, gradually shifted towards strong secessionist demands and violent armed clashes.
These events lead to significant displacements of populations fleeing to areas considered safer, particularly in the Littoral and West regions.
PUI wishes to continue assistance to displaced persons from NOSO in the West region and extend the RRM to the Littoral region in 2023.
In this context, PUI is recruiting a Distribution Supervisor .
The Distribution Supervisor works under the responsibility of the Multisector Project Manager in Bafoussam and coordinates a team of Multisector monitors for the implementation of Cash/NFI distribution activities, awareness raising, community mobilizations, ensures compliance with recommendations techniques and standard procedures of Première Urgence Internationale.
Responsibilities and fields of action 1. IMPLEMENTATION OF ACTIVITIES / CONTROL AND SUPERVISION 2. LOGISTICS AND ADMINISTRATION 3. ACCOUNTABILITY AND TRANSPARENCY 4. REPORTING / COMMUNICATION
Specific objectives and associated activities
1. IMPLEMENTATION OF ACTIVITIES / CONTROL AND SUPERVISION
- He/She ensures the smooth running of activities related to targeting;
- He/She targets beneficiaries in conjunction with community committees;
- He/She collects biometric data from beneficiaries;
- He/She ensures the documentation and archiving of the consents of the beneficiaries;
- He/She ensures the verification and validation of the lists of clean beneficiaries without duplicates or non-existent households;
- He/She ensures strict transparency, impartiality and neutrality in the targeting process;
- He/She supervises the progress of the Cash Transfers / ESSENTIAL HOUSEHOLD ITEMS distribution in compliance with the SOP and the recommendations of the technical referent (CdM Adj Programmes)
- He/She ensures the weekly planning of the activities of the team under his/her responsibility and has it validated by the project manager.
- He/She plans human resources needs (daily, labourers, etc.);
- He/She plans the needs for tools and materials (stock release request);
- He/She anticipates the administrative aspects (advance requests);
- He/She anticipates the logistical aspects (vehicles, means of communication, accommodation on mission, rental of meeting rooms, etc.);
- He/She organizes and executes with the team he/she supervises the tasks assigned by his/her PR;
- He/She supervises and follows each step of the activities. Ensures that the standards and instructions given by the PR are respected, as well as the PUI procedures;
- He/She respects the schedule and deadlines validated jointly with his/her PR;
- He/She brings up the problems and constraints encountered during the conduct of activities and proposes operational solutions.
- He/She makes proposals for improving the project based on his observations, the results of focus groups, PDMs or other field experiences
2. ACCOUNTABILITY AND TRANSPARENCY
- He/She ensures that the instructors carry out their activities in compliance with the SOPs put in place by PUI;
- He/She reports all information that may involve the PUI program to the RP and/or the Field Coordinator;
- He/She escalates all complaints received from the community, local authorities and other parties to the PR and transmits them to the accountability officer for recording on the database and follow-up;
- He/She ensures that financial service providers and other project collaborators respect the contractual agreements and their commitment to humanitarian assistance signed with PUI.
The list of tasks described above constitutes the general framework of your functions, your job profile may be clarified or modified at your request, at the request of your line manager and after validation by the administration.
3. LOGISTICS AND ADMINISTRATION
- In the case of recruitment of daily staff, he/she respects the procedures and directives expressed by his/her PR and by the administrative department;
- He/She trains his/her team members in the proper use and maintenance of the tools made available;
- He/She identifies the need for capacity building of his team and reports it to his hierarchical superior; – He/She assesses the performance of his/her team;
- He/She controls consumption using the monitoring tools provided;
- He/She applies security procedures;
- He/She has the security procedures applied by the members of his/her team;
- He/She controls the quality and quantity of material delivered to the activity sites;
- He/She ensures the reception and storage of the equipment and tools necessary for the conduct of his activity on site
4. REPORTING / COMMUNICATION
- He/She keeps his/her monitoring tools and files archived at the PUI office, accessible to the PR;
- He/She archives the distribution / census reports and the lists of beneficiaries;
- He/She participates in the drafting of distribution reports under the supervision of the PR;
- He/She transmits information on the progress of the distributions;
- He/She records and transmits to the RP the statistics related to the distributions;
- He/She participates in seminars and training workshops useful for carrying out distribution activities and achieving project objectives;
- He/She reports to the PR on the progress of the activities and specific tasks entrusted to him/her, the problems encountered, the quality of relations with the beneficiaries;
- He/She reports any information or difficulty related to his activity, or to the security aspects of his RP;
- He/She remains attentive to the population and the local authorities in order to collect the needs, the grievances, the major events that may have consequences on the activities of PUI;
- He/She analyzes the humanitarian situation taking into account protection issues / Do no Harm for the population;
- He/She collaborates with the administration and local authorities;
- He/She participates in feedback meetings and clusters on request.
- Hold at least a Bac+3 in a relevant field.
Professional experience :
- Experience of at least one year in a similar position, more particularly in National or International NGOs.
Mandatory knowledge and skills
- Team management
- Report writing
- Organisational skills
- Team work
- Distribution planning and monitoring
- Knowledge of the project intervention area
- Excellent knowledge of the Office Pack
- Knowledge of at least one western and coastal language
Knowledge and skills appreciated
- Money transfers
- Use of the RedRose platform
- Knowledge of the RRM mechanism
Personal characteristics required:
- Honesty, transparency, impartiality and integrity
- Professionalism / sense of responsibility
- Sense of listening, self-control, deep respect for others, empathy and altruism
- Clarity of purpose, dynamic speaking
- Team spirit
- Diplomacy / Flexibility / Adaptability
- Taste for field work
- Dynamism / Reactivity / Ability to stay awake
- Strength of proposal
- Good presentation
- Interpersonal skills
- Position based in Bafoussam (Western region)
- Fixed Term Contract.
- Salary defined according to the PUI salary grid.
- Candidates who are nationals of the locality of recruitment and/or resident will be given priority.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged.
HOW TO APPLY?
THE CANDIDATE MUST COMPLETE THE QUESTIONNAIRE ONLINE VIA THE LINK https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=K-qPwVmLHEikU3LK3T1ufTV7SuMnUmJKmqcYFWUagBFUOElSWERYU1FTV1dCODdNM0VXNUMyTzI2TS4u , TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS email@example.com “ HIS NAME + JOB TITLE” IN THE SUBJECT.
DOSSIERS PROVIDED WILL NOT BE RETURNED TO CANDIDATES.
1- THE CANDIDATE MUST EXPLICITLY SPECIFY THE POSITION FOR WHICH HE/SHE IS APPLYING.
2- ONLY PRE-SELECTED CANDIDATES WILL BE PERSONALLY CONTACTED.
3- THE ORIGINALS OF THE DIPLOMAS, WORK CERTIFICATE, RECOMMENDATIONS MUST BE BROUGHT BY THE CANDIDATES CONVENED FOR THE TESTS AND INTERVIEWS.
DEADLINE FOR FILING: Thursday, March 16, 2023.