The Cameroon Red Cross and the French Red Cross are recruiting a Deputy Head of Health Project in Maroua (URGENT!)
Job information Job title
: Deputy Health Project Manager
Reporting line : Health Nutrition Project Manager
Job location: Kousséri
Working hours: According to the service schedule
Duration of the mission: 6 months renewable
Desired arrival date: As soon as possible
Number of positions: 01
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 10/06/2022
Presentation of the association
The French Red Cross (CRf) and the Cameroon Red Cross (CRC) are humanitarian associations, auxiliary to the public authorities, which provide aid and assistance to vulnerable people.
Since 2010, the French Red Cross (CRf) has been present in Cameroon and intervenes in the areas of health, nutrition and food security and livelihoods (SAME) in the East and South regions. ‘Far North.
Recruitment context: Replacement for a position.
Presentation of the position
Under the responsibility and supervision of the Health/Nutrition Project Manager, and in collaboration with the CRC/CRf team in Maroua, the CDP epidemiology deputy will be in charge of:
Location of the position
This position is open to people with the required profile and the successful candidate must reside in Kousséri by his own means; it is therefore not subject to relocation. The candidate selected at the end of the recruitment process cannot therefore claim the status of relocated employee.
Ensure coordination and supervision of all project health activities:
- Support in the planning of health activities of the project;
- Develops working relationships with community representatives, building a connection between communities and partners;
- Establishes, in collaboration with the heads of health facilities, an environment within health centers facilitating individual or group discussions on health issues,
- Ensures that epidemiological surveillance activities are applied in the CSI and HD;
- Ensures compliance with the transmission of information in the context of epidemiological surveillance;
- Centralizes all field feedback on the constraints and difficulties encountered;
- Support the district management team in the training and retraining of health workers and volunteers in the context of epidemiological surveillance;
- Participates in the organization and preparation of training sessions and other events related to the activities;
- Plans the technical needs identified by the teams in the field;
- Contributes to the training of teams on an ongoing basis and in ad hoc training;
- Ensures the proper integration of the project within the health district and the region;
Ensure the good managerial management of the people under his responsibility, support and strengthen the skills of all the staff of the project team:
- Validates the supervision schedule for employees under his responsibility;
- Performs formative supervision of health workers in order to verify the correct filling of monitoring tools and data each week and each end of the month;
- Provides technical support to the teams (CRC/CRF and district) as part of the implementation;
- Provides technical support to district management teams in the coordination of community-based epidemiological surveillance activities;
- Participates in budget monitoring, monitoring of the purchasing plan;
- He has a financial responsibility according to the CRf validation grid.
Supervise and manage the team of supervisors:
- Supervises, mentors and trains health assistants;
- Ensures the proper execution of health assistants and activities of the supervisor;
- Maintain the motivation and dynamism of the team;
- Contributes to the respect of schedules, assignment of tasks, arbitration of conflicts within the team and outside in the context of work;
- Develops the PAI and the evaluation of health assistants;
- Participate in the development of PAI and the evaluation of the health supervisor.
Design tools, collect, write and analyze reports: Collects and analyzes data related to project activities;
- Contributes to the drafting of project activity reports;
- Contributes to the drafting of internal (monthly report) and external (intermediate and final report) reports for the project;
- Participates in the design of technical documents and communication media
- Set up IEC/CCC tools (image boxes, posters, banners, etc.).
Support coordination and representation activities: Help maintain the technical image of the CRf in the area;
- Contributes to the quality of relations with partners; guarantees compliance with the principles and values of the CRf in terms of partnership;
- Assists the project manager in representing the CRf in technical meetings or workshops at the regional level and ensures the synergy of the actions of the CRC/CRf with the various implementation partners;
Qualifications and experience
- Diploma/Level of study: Diploma in public health, epidemiology or equivalent diploma;
- strong experience in public health project management or in the ESCB;
- Experience in an international humanitarian organization (at least 3 years);
- Project management with strong community involvement;
Required skills and experience:
- Ability to work in cooperation with the decentralized and decentralized services of the State
- Mastery of project cycle management with strong community involvement;
- At least 5 years with an international organization;
- Ability to integrate different sectors of intervention within activity
- Knowledge of donor rules and reporting capabilities;
- Mastery of the context of the far north of Cameroon;
- Mastery of the pack Office ;
- Reporting capacity;
- Have analytical and synthesis skills;
- Knowledge of donor rules and reporting capabilities;
Skills and experience preferred:
- Good communication, feedback
- Sense of confidentiality;
- Good organizational skills, anticipation and proactivity;
- Rigor, dynamism and diplomacy;
- Good relational and interpersonal skills, ability to manage a diverse team;
- Autonomy and ability to work in difficult contexts security environment, workload;
Anyone interested in this offer is requested to send their file in PDF format by email to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org .
It is :
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three professional references
- A cover letter (LM)
Please put in the subject of the submission email: Deputy Head of Health Project in Kousséri
Recruitment being urgent, selection and validation will be done as applications are received.
Applications should be sent to the Head of the French Red Cross Sub-Delegation in Kousséri.