World Health Organization
Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days)
Apr 15, 2022, 5:32:07 AM
May 3, 2022, 2:29:00 AM
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF A CONSULTANT FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PROJECT TO STRENGTHENING COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT IN THE RESPONSE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- Background and rationale
As part of supporting countries for preparedness and rapid response to infectious disease outbreaks and other public health emergencies, WHO has received funding from CDC called “CDC-RFA-IP21-2102 – Y1” . it is a question of providing support to Cameroon and Guinea to continue the project to strengthen Community engagement in the response to the COVID-19 pandemic in the WHO Africa region. This project was implemented with funds from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Canada between July and December 2021. The results shared by your respective countries have shown that the strategy of community dialogues coupled with vaccination and public and mediatized vaccination of politico-administrative authorities,
To this end, two main activities
are planned, namely The financing of the partnership with the CDC will enable Cameroon to continue activities to intensify social mobilization, commitment and education of professionals and communities to be vaccinated against COVID- 19.
- Organize public and publicized ceremonies of vaccination of the authorities
Credible and influential politico-administrative, influencers and leaders
- Conduct community dialogues to address public concerns and rumors about the COVID-19 vaccine;
Contribute to Interrupting the Chain of Transmission of COVDI-19 Through Strengthening Community Commitment to Getting Vaccinated; Specifically, it will be
- Description of activities
Under the supervision of the Immunization Team Lead and the WHO Health Promotion Manager, the Consultant will be responsible for
- Conduct community dialogues to address public concerns and respond to rumors about the COVID-19 vaccine;
- Organize public and publicized vaccination ceremonies of political and administrative authorities;
- Organize public and publicized vaccination ceremonies of influencers and credible and influential community leaders in their communities;
- Organize online sessions with the team to exchange experiences, good practices and lessons learned in the face of the challenges of the acceptability of vaccines against COVID-19;
- Disseminate testimonials from leaders, APAs and influencers and document project activities (report, video, photos, etc.)
- Organization of at least 24 community dialogues and that at least 10% of the leaders and actors mentioned above are publicly vaccinated and give publicized testimonies.
- Increased indicators of community acceptance of the COVID-19 vaccine through the engagement of community leaders, influencers and
- Qualifications required
Essential Education Level : University degree in journalism, public relations, communication; Expertise in the field of socio-anthropology would be an asset.
Desirable : Graduate degree in journalism, public relations, communication; Expertise in the field of socio-anthropology would be an asset.
Professional experience and knowledge
- Have a good knowledge of Cameroon’s health system, the Expanded Vaccination Program and the communication system
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the field of communication and media
- Have a good knowledge of the organization and implementation of communication campaigns
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Power point, etc.)
Excellent knowledge of French and English
- Duration The consultation will take place over a period of 6 months
To apply for this job please visit careers.who.int.