Impact Santé Afrique (ISA)
TERMS OF REFERENCE
For the recruitment of a Consultant for the elaboration of an advocacy note for taking into account the specific needs of vulnerable populations in strategies and programs to fight against malaria in Africa and South Asia.
Impact Santé Afrique (ISA) is an African NGO based in Cameroon whose main objective is to contribute to the improvement of the health of the populations by setting up transformative and sustainable programs that will save lives and improve the health of our communities. (For more information, visit www.impactsante.org and contact us at the following address: email@example.com)
Impact Santé Afrique (ISA) coordinates the platform of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) for the Malaria Elimination (CS4ME).
Since March 2021, Impact Santé Afrique (ISA) has been implementing on behalf of the CS4ME platform, the “Community rights and gender” project related to malaria control programs, and aims to strengthen the influence of civil society. with decision-making bodies in the fight against malaria.
As part of this project, an assessment was carried out of the level of inclusion of the priority needs of groups at high risk of malaria in the current strategic plans and programs for the fight against malaria. This evaluation followed a community diagnosis carried out in 3 countries: Nigeria, Niger and Cameroon. At the end of these activities, CS4ME members intend to carry out strong advocacy towards decision-makers and other actors in the fight against malaria, in order to address the main problems encountered by communities in accessing services. fight against malaria in these 3 countries, with an emphasis on the most vulnerable populations, women and children.
The main objective of this service is to develop an advocacy note for taking into account the specific needs of vulnerable populations in strategies and programs to fight against malaria.
Specifically, it will be about:
▪ Propose the methodology for developing the advocacy note;
▪ Write the advocacy note;
▪ Participate in the validation of the advocacy note by members of CS4ME.
II. Duties and responsibilities of the consultant-trainer
Placed under the direct supervision of the Executive Director of Impact Santé Afrique (ISA), and working in collaboration with the Civil Society Engagement Officer, the consultant will carry out the following tasks:
▪ Participation in working meetings with the ISA team, CS4ME secretariat;
▪ Proposal for a documentary review to determine the relevance of the subject and present an appropriate methodology;
▪ Elaboration of an advocacy note for taking into account the specific needs of vulnerable populations in strategies and programs to fight against malaria;
▪ Review and validation of the training tool. Main deliverables expected:
1. An advocacy note for taking into account the specific needs of vulnerable populations in the strategies and programs to fight against malaria, is developed and reviewed;
2. The advocacy note must be validated by a selection committee of CS4ME members;
3. An end of mission report is drafted and submitted to the NGO ISA. 1. Period of the expert mission This consultation mission will take place from Monday May 2 to Friday June 3, 2022. 2. Profile of the candidate The desired expertise will relate to the recruitment of a consultant whose qualifications and skills are presented as follows: Degree in one or more of the following fields: Master’s degree in Public Health, law, social sciences, development sciences or equivalent experience; Have significant experience in advocacy, strategic communication, capacity building and community monitoring;
Experience in facilitating workshops and coordinating multi-sectoral partners in the field of health, leadership qualities and skills in facilitating consensus;
Have excellent facilitation and communication skills;
Good writing, analysis and synthesis skills;
Familiarity with remote meeting and conferencing applications.
3. Application file
– A dated and signed CV, including 3 professional references;
– A technical sheet presenting the methodology used and the chronogram of the activities (2 pages maximum);
– A financial offer (1 page maximum).
4. Evaluation of the offers
The evaluation of the offers received will be based in particular on the following criteria:
(i) The experience of the candidate in the conduct of missions similar to those specified in these terms of reference;
(ii) Understanding the expectations of the mission and the proposed intervention methodology;
(iii) The proposed financial offer.
5. Submission of the offer
The offer including the documents mentioned in section 3 must be sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org | Subject of the mail: Consultant for the development of an advocacy note for the consideration of the specific needs of vulnerable populations in the strategies and programs to fight against malaria.
The deadline for submission is Sunday April 24, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. (GMT +1). Offers received after this date will not be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com