MSC Cameroun is looking for Chief Financial Officer (CFO) based in Douala, Cameroon.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will not only be an exceptional accountant and hands-on with company finances but will also be commercially and strategically aware, advising on the best path of growth for our business in Cameroun.
Your role will encompass strategic and financial leadership across the business. You will lead, mentor and manage our finance team to ensure proper management of all aspects of finance and accounting topics. Your strong understanding of shipping and logistics industry will allow you to effectively focus on the constant improvement of the company’s internal systems, processes and management information to aid decision making.
As part of the Management Team, there is also a requirement to represent the company at a senior level both internally and externally. Your remit will also involve managing the relationship with Head Quarters in Geneva to ensure the requirements of the principle are met. With a people centered approach you will be able to effectively lead people through continuous change and digital transformation.
We believe the successful Finance Director should have the following skills:
- Degree in Accounting & Finance with multiple years of financial leadership, preferably in shipping and logistics industry in Sub Saharan Africa
- Qualified member of an accountancy body is a plus
- Highly qualified with finance and operating ERP systems, preferably with multiple years of SAP experience
- Proven experience of being commercially astute, technically strong and an influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- A proven track record of improving profitability and cash flow through the execution of effective financial controls and good accounting practice
- Fluent in both French and in English, exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance
- Hands on, curious, energetic, highly motivated, dynamic individual with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success
- The company has a clear set of values that they expect all employees to live by: Family Company, Passion, Continuous Evolution, Care for People and Equal Opportunities
The key tasks for the Finance Director are:
- Form a close working relationship with the Board, Managing Director, other Senior Executives and Non Executives
- Provide leadership to the Company’ s Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimize the company’s financial performance
- Take control of all aspects of the company’s accounting function
- Contribute fully to the development of the company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumption and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
- Drive budget preparations, weekly, monthly and annual Group and Local statutory Reporting in timely and accurate manner
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth
- Work with senior teams to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans
- Ensure corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including state bodies, customers and vendors
Apply here: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org