CALL FOR HEALTH RESEARCH INTERNS
The Denis and Lenora Foretia Foundation works to catalyze Africa’s Economic Transformation through social entrepreneurship, science and technology, innovation, public health, and progressive policies that create economic opportunities for all. Our areas of work include sustainable development, science and innovation, health, leadership, education, entrepreneurship, economic and public policy. The Denis and Lenora Foundation is an umbrella non-profit institution with several departments including the Nkafu Policy Institute, the Small Business and Entrepreneurship Center, the Communication, and the Sustainable Development Programs
- Assist with a broad range of activities that support policy advancement at a regional or a national level such as organizing and reporting on research, seminars, conferences, and workshops.
- Assist Research Fellows and Institute staff with projects, program-related research, and development, including participation in the planning and coordination of activities/events.
- Complete research tasks as assigned, such as conducting literature reviews; finding, organizing, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Preparing memos, concept notes, presentations, briefs, reports, and presentations.
- Other administrative duties as assigned by departmental staff or management.
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Public Health
- Development Studies, Gender Studies
- Or in any other field related to the above-mentioned.
- Strong writing and research skills; must be able to distill relevant information from large data sets, reports, articles and academic papers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in English and French.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint…).
- Be a good communicator and team player.
- Be able to multi-task, be extremely organized, and have meticulous attention to detail.
- Desire to learn, take initiative, and suggest best practices with a willingness to take and implement constructive feedback and guidance.
- Honesty, integrity, respect, and professionalism.
- Discipline and teamwork.
- Positive and proactive attitude.
What we offer
We offer three (3) months of full-time internship with leading experts and academics, where you will be working on a diverse range of subjects. We equally offer transport allowance, in-house training and unlimited access to the internet. Our interns have full access to research seminars, roundtables, workshops, and discussion groups hosted by the Nkafu Policy Institute and its partners, in addition to conferences on a wide range of emerging issues critical to business and policy interests in Cameroon and Africa at large.
Applications will be reviewed on the rolling basics. Only eligible candidates will be contacted.
Click this link to join our whatsapp group to receive latest job and internship updates in Cameroon
To apply for this job please visit www.emailmeform.com.