DESCRIPTION OF THE OFFER
CALL FOR INTERNAL APPLICATIONS FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF AN ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT.VE TEMPORARY RECEPTIONIST FOR THE FOREST – ENVIRONMENT PROJECT (GIZ/PROFE) OF THE DEUTSCHE GESELLSCHAFT FÜR INTERNATIONALE ZUSAMMENARBEIT (GIZ/ProPFE) GmbH BASE IN YAOUNDE.
Built around 5 indicators for a period of 3 years (2020 – 2022), the Forest and Environment Project (ProFE) is deployed in 4 regions of Cameroon, namely: the Centre, the East, the Far North and the North . It contributes to the achievement of the objectives of the Green Program through 4 specific objectives called Output. In a generic way, it is for the ProFE to work in favor of: (1) the sustainable use of forest resources and biodiversity, (2) the development of the Non-Timber Forest Products (NTFP) value chains, (3) the improvement of the framework conditions, (4) the development of initiatives to increase and enhance natural resources and the environment.
For the operational needs of coordination, the ProFE is looking internally for a temporary Administrative Assistant.
A- Responsibilities and powers
Under the hierarchical supervision of the Purchasing, Contracts and Events Manager, the administrative assistant in charge of reception in detail will take care of the following tasks within the Coordination of the ProFE:
- Reception and secretarial service
- Handle, answer or forward calls and messages
- Update shared calendar
- Regularly update and break down Project contact lists (external and internal contacts)
- Ensure the reception and orientation of visitors
- Record incoming and outgoing correspondence (faxes, e-mails, letters) and archive them manually and electronically
- Support in the drafting of project correspondence and write minutes of team meetings of the administrative and financial department.
- Support the Purchasing and Equipment Officer in the organization of drivers and vehicles within the city of Yaoundé
- Maintain ADL register
- Manage the meeting room calendar
- Establish meeting attendance lists
- Oversee the logistical preparation of meetings in the coordination office
- Track staff movements through attendance sheets at the gate
- Follow the absence permission sheets of each coordination staff.
- Track newspaper delivery.
- Support other tasks and activities as instructed by superiors;
- Read newspapers and identify articles related to the core business of the project.
B- Required profile
- Hold a Bac+2 in secretarial and communication or any other equivalent diploma
- Professional experience
- Have six (6) months of professional experience in a similar position
- Good presentation
- Fluency in French, English and common computer software required, fluency in German would be an asset
- Safeguarding the confidentiality of the information processed
- Handling telephone equipment
- Good organizational, listening and self-control skills
- Good relational sense
- Rigor and teamwork
- Sense of curiosity and willingness to expand knowledge
- Good adaptability
Date of availability: 01.08.2022
Deadline for admissibility of application files: 15 July 2022
Contract period : Until 31.12.2022
Place of employment: Yaoundé
Internal classification of the position: Band 2A / under the direction of the Purchasing Manager, Contracts and Events
C- Composition and submission of applications
All applications will only be received on our career site, via the e-recruiting platform: https://gizkamerun.jobs.net
Female applications are strongly encouraged!
NB: Recruitment at GIZ is free of charge. This position is only open to internal GIZ candidates. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Applications not selected will be destroyed six months after the date of publication.