FRICAN WILDLIFE FOUNDATION (ALF);
Biomonitoring Intern 2
Campo Ma’an National Park
The Biomonitoring Intern will support the Campo-Ma’an team in general coordination in-field of ongoing ecological monitoring activities. He or She will work closely with rangers/community members or guides to ensure ecological data is collected, compiled, and achieved following AWF procedures. He/she will also give support to Technical Advisor by inputting camera trap data into the required a database for identification and reporting.
Location: Campo-Ma’an National Park
Duration: Six Months
1. Support implementation of ongoing ecological monitoring activities in Campo-Ma’an NP and its peripheries, with data collection and management following relevant established Monitoring protocols;
2. Work closely with Rangers and coordinate field deployment and pickup for Camera traps in the field. Assist Rangers staff with data management and analysis and train/strengthen the capacity of appointed park rangers for these tasks;
3. Assist in raising local community awareness and participation in conservation issues and project-related activities;
4. Support the Management of Camera Traps, Deployment and ensure the Camera trap database is up to date
5. Under the supervision of the Technical Advisor (TA), produce concise and well-written field reports on a regular basis to ensure TA and other AWF staff are well briefed on program activities.
6. Provide other support to the Technical Advisor when necessary
• MSc Degree in Ecology, Wildlife, Biology, Natural Resources Management, Conservation, Protected Area Management, Zoology, Forestry or related subjects/Field.
• Familiarity with GIS analysis (particularly ArcGIS or QGIS).
• Proven statistics and data analysis capacities (Excel, other relevant software).
• Ability to manage databases; experience with managing files on Google Drive.
Required skills and competencies
• Good skills – both written and verbal (English and French).
• Good computer skills (MS Office package, Online research, etc.), IT skills will be an asset.
• Culturally aware and able to work effectively in various cultural environments. Capable of working with
• Adheres to AWF’s values.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.