Solidarités International is recruiting: One (01) Base Administrator
Place of employment: MAKARY with regular trips to the field
Type of contract: CDD of 03 months (Employee replacement)
I- PRESENTATION OF THE ORGANIZATION
Solidarités International is a French humanitarian organization present in Cameroon since July 2014. Since 2014, the mission has been carrying out several emergency and post-emergency programs in the East and Far North regions. After a first base opened in Garoua Boulaï in 2014 to respond to the Central African crisis and the massive influx of CAR refugees in the region, then in Makary in early 2017 to respond to the crisis in the Lake Chad basin, SI opened in October 2017 a base in Mokolo, in order to meet the basic needs of vulnerable populations in the border areas of the Mayo Tsanaga department. In 2019, a regional base was opened in Maroua, capital of the Far North region. Solidarités International intervenes in the areas of Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (WASH) and Food Security and Livelihoods (FAME). In 2020, the Cameroon and Chad missions merge into one. SI has been present in Chad since 2008, and currently carries out emergency / post-emergency programs in the province of Logone Oriental and in Lac-Tchad
II- JOB DESCRIPTION
Under the supervision of the administrative coordinator, the administrator ensures the administrative, accounting and financial management of his base, in compliance with donor and Solidarités International procedures.
He supervises accounting operations, cash management and monitors budgets in collaboration with program managers.
He is also the guarantor of the proper application of the Human Resources Solidarités International policy on his base.
He supports, monitors and trains the members of his administrative team
List of main activities:
Administrative management of staff
• Supervise the administrative management of the recruitment and hiring of the staff of its base
• Ensure the implementation of the EAP according to the defined procedures and follow the professional development of the staff
• Centralize the training requests expressed by the teams and set up a training plan
• Participate in the instruction and decision on disciplinary measures
• Supervise the collection of elements allowing the establishment of the payroll and ensure the proper conduct of the latter
• Ensure the implementation place legal bodies for staff representation and consultation on its base and participate in the management and settlement of conflicts
• Define the administrative staff needs on its base and recruit according to the allocated resources
• Train, support and evaluate the administrative team on its assignment base
Cash / accounting:
• Manage the cash flow of its base and ensure the proper supply of banks and cash
registers • Manage transfers and ensure the security of funds
• Develop cash forecasts with the logistician and program managers
• Validate all disbursements and expenditure commitments, respecting Solidarités International procedures
• Supervise the keeping of accounts on his base, control the cash balances
• Follow the bank books for his base and maintain the safe
• Prepare and supervise the monthly closing, revision and integration of the accounts of its base
Budget Monitoring / Funding
• Update the allocation tables for its base
• Update and analyze the budget monitoring in consultation with the teams logistics and programs
• Control the operating costs of his base of assignment
• Ensure compliance with the administrative procedures of donors
• Assist the administrative coordinator in the preparation of financial reports and audit work
• Participate in the preparation budgets for new
Reporting / communication projects:
• Establish and maintain relations with the administrative authorities at local and regional level, monitor the regulations in force
III- RESEARCH PROFILE
Training: Bac+4/5 in administrative management, accounting, finance, human resources or any other equivalent diploma .
Experience : Minimum 3 years of experience in the field of administrative, financial and HR management and experience in the humanitarian field would be an asset; Experience in accounting and cash management; Experience in human resources management; Good editorial quality and capacity for synthesis;
Languages: good knowledge of the French language, knowledge of English is an asset
IT: Good command of the office pack; Mastery of HOMERE and SAGA software will be an asset.
Required qualities: Diplomat and good communicator, autonomy, independence, initiative, teamwork and flexibility
Please send your application with CV, cover letter, diplomas and work certificates, by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
With the subject: “Administrator Bases Makary
Deadline for submitting applications 06/05/2022 at 5:00 p.m. (Cameroon time)
Shortlisted candidates on file will be contacted by email and/or telephone to take a technical test .
The feminine candidacies are deeply encouraged.
To apply for this job please visit solidarites-cameroun.org.