National Episcopal Conference of Cameroon (CENC)
Position: Assistant Purchasing and Logistics Officer
Employer: National Episcopal Conference of Cameroon (CENC)
Supervisor: Bursar General – Head of City Projects Unit
, Country: Yaoundé, Cameroon. Position reserved only for candidates of Cameroonian nationality
Number of positions: 01
Deadline for submitting applications: 06/05/2022
Start date : Immediate
Duration of the contract: 05 months with possibility of renewal
SUMMARY OF THE PRESENTATION OF THE ORGANIZATION
The National Episcopal Conference of Cameroon (CENC) is the institution that brings together all the Bishops of the Roman Catholic Church in Cameroon. It is a public legal person. It wants to be an institution whose vision is the promotion of human dignity is at the center of the concerns of the SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals). Its mission is to continue to bear witness to the love of Christ to all men so that all may have life in abundance (cf. Jn 10, 10). To achieve its operational objectives, the CENC is endowed with a General Secretariat which is its executing body par excellence.
For some time now, the CENC has embarked on a modernization project aimed at making its structure and organizational processes more efficient. It is therefore within this framework that it organizes recruitment to strengthen the staff already in place.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The assistant in charge of supplies and logistics ensures the preparation of the order, the analysis of the files of service providers, the order, as well as the delivery and the provision of the services and goods acquired and/or financed by the project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and update the directory of CENC service providers
- Centralize purchase requests with full specifications and delivery schedules
- Prepare consultation files
- Support the conduct of the service provider selection process in accordance with the principles, standards and established procurement policies while ensuring the best value for money.
- Manage orders
- Participate in supplier performance evaluation
- Document all project procurement processes
- Maintain permanent contact with suppliers to monitor the execution of contractual conditions and deal with problems if necessary
- Follows up on the resolution of logistical problems related to working conditions (malfunction of copiers, printers, computers, plumbing, electricity, etc.)
- Participate in the labeling and marking of goods
- Support the implementation of delivery operations from arrival of goods in country (or local point of purchase) to warehouses and final distribution centers in accordance with NCPC and donor rules
- Maintain files with all required logistics documents and ensure that all supply chain management activities and movements are fully and accurately documented. Prepare and/or review all reports prior to submission in accordance with distribution requirements.
Vehicle fleet management
- Keeping track of Fuel Consumption Cards
- Provide logbooks in vehicles
- Produce monthly vehicle management reports
- Participate in driver monitoring
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Law, Contract Law, Logistics, Procurement, or any other related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in procurement/procurement management, logistics, administration, preferably within an organization receiving foreign funding.
- Additional Training/Certificate in Procurement Management, Procurement
- Complementary Training/Certificate in Fleet Management
- Knowledge of international and national procurement regulations
- Good knowledge of various donor procurement regulations (USAID, EU, UN, WB…)
- Good knowledge of local market conditions.
- Good knowledge of the contractual elements,
- Good ability to follow up on the execution of orders according to specifications.
- Good proficiency in the Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Good ability to write activity reports
- Proactivity, results-oriented and service-oriented approaches.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good ability to transfer knowledge
Language required / desired: Bilingual French and English
Travel required: 10% of travel in Cameroon.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Internal Managers: Staff of the Projects Unit, Project Coordinators, Heads of Department, Bursar General, Internal Controller, Secretary General of CENC and his deputy, staff NCPC-Wide
Competencies (for all NCPC Staff):
These are rooted in the NCPC Mission, Values and Guiding Principles and are used by each staff member to fulfill its responsibilities and achieve the desired results. These are:
- Trust in all relationships
- Professional growth
- Responsibility and Stewardship
- strategic mindset
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
NCPC’s talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
NCPC is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Records MUST include:
- Motivation letter addressed to the Secretary General of the CENC
- CV indicating among other things at least 03 references, one of which must be that of a leader of a religious / denominational community;
- Proof of relevant academic/professional qualifications
- Proof of work experience.
You can apply by sending your applications to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mentioning in the subject of the email: “Assistant in charge of supplies and logistics-NECC”
Deadline: 06/05/ 2022 at 5 p.m. from Cameroon.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted
. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
The feminine candidacies are deeply encouraged.
NB: In applying for this job, the candidate should understand that NCPC protects human life at all costs and will require the candidate to do the same if recruited. NCPC also requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation and human trafficking.
Candidates selected at this stage will be subjected to a practical test and an oral interview. A full background check will be conducted for the successful candidate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com