Job no: 550132
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Duty Station: Buea
Categories: Administration, Financial Management
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a chance in life!
UNICEF has been working in Cameroon since 1975 to allow women and children to fully realize their rights to development without restriction, as enshrined in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. UNICEF provides financial and technical support to Cameroon across seven areas to fully realize the rights of women and children. These areas include Health, HIV/AIDS, Water-sanitation-Hygiene, nutrition, education, child protection, and social inclusion. UNICEF focuses mainly on children and the most vulnerable and excluded families. Cameroon’s 2020 population is estimated at 26,545,863 people according to UN data. The population is young and generates strong socioeconomic demand. In rural areas, limited access to basic social services and the effects of climate change lead to household impoverishment and severe child deprivations. The task is immense but not insurmountable; it requires the energy of all stakeholders in Cameroon and out of Cameroon: also, women, men, youth and children, government, technical and financial partners, donors, civil society, the private sector, parliamentarians, communities. Everyone is invited to take part in the struggle to meet the challenges that lie ahead. Together, we will act for Cameroon, a country that summarizes the challenges and hopes of Africa. To learn more about UNICEF Cameroon: Use the below link https://unicef.sharepoint.com/sites/CMR/SitePages/AboutUs.aspx
How can you make a difference?
The Administrative and Finance Associate is responsible for executing a broad variety of standardized administrative and financial tasks for the respective section(s) requiring a thorough knowledge of UNICEF administrative and financial procedures, processes, and policies. In this capacity, the need to project the image of a credible and reliable service provider is imperative to the quality of delivery, and the impact of work directly reflects on the overall reputation of the Administrative and Finance team in terms of responsiveness to client needs and quality of process execution.
- Budget and Planning Support
- Assist in consolidating cost estimates for services, equipment, and supplies for annual work planning and budget preparation purposes.
- In collaboration with the Project Assistant for the Section, support the Section’s annual/quarterly work plans including consultants and supply plans
- Financial Management
- Support and update the Section’s staff on administrative and financial policies, procedures rules, and regulations.
- Implement the appropriate application and interpretation of such guidelines. •
- Assist in the effective management and monitoring of the Section’s budget in close coordination with the Operations Officer and the Operations Manager.
- Submit periodic financial status reports for management oversight, monitoring, and review. Confirm availability of funds as required.
- Monitor and advise authorizing officers on the financial status of projects and potential over-expenditures and recommend possibilities for reallocation to ensure the optimum use of available funds.
- Support processing of requisitions and contracts for the procurement of goods and services (individual consultants and corporate contractors through the blended approach by internal and organizational procedures).
- Ensure that periodic closure of account activities are undertaken and completed by the Organizational procedures and standards. Responsible for closing year-end accounts such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, prepayments, leave balances, etc. according to internal, DFAM, and GSSC deadlines.
- Provide relevant information in response to audit queries when required.
- Administrative Management
- Verify consultant timesheet and invoices, and goods receipts. Act as the Local Focal Point (LFP) for FI and MDM for the assigned Section and as required back up other Sections’ LFP. Submit relevant documents to the GSSC and ensure completion of transactions according to KPIs.
- Assist staff and consultants when applicable about official travel arrangements and entitlements according to the organization’s rules and policies.
- Act as the Section Asset Focal Point responsible to ensure completeness and accuracy of the IT asset portfolio assigned to the Section. Key focal point during the annual asset verification process.
- Assist in space and equipment allocation for staff and consultants. Provide onboarding/offboarding support to staff, consultants, and other HR resources.
- Support meetings and conferences logistics, reserving meeting location/conference rooms Responsible for completeness and accuracy of systems of record related to the Section including and not limited to assets, financial records, Staff and Consultant (individual and third party) directories, office space allocation, etc.
- Liaise with the ICTD HR Team to provide administrative support for the recruitment, onboarding, and contract maintenance of consultants and staff members
- Act as attendance focal point and monitor attendance records for the Section.
- During absences and annual leaves back up Project Assistant in the same Section, and other Section’s Administrative and Finance Assistant as per schedules agreed with the supervisor
Impact of Results
The efficiency and effectiveness of support provided by the admin and finance associate ensure that a strong administrative platform is provided to the respective sections, which in turn affects the timely and accurate completion of the services provided by technical advisors and specialists in the team
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required. asset.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
Core Competencies (For Staff without Supervisory Responsibilities) *
▪ Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
▪ Works Collaboratively with others (1)
▪ Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
▪ Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
▪ Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
▪ Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
▪ Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Candidates are requested to upload a copy of their certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: 13 Apr 2022 W. Central Africa Standard Time
Deadline: 26 Apr 2022 W. Central Africa Standard Time
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unicef.org.