Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 6 months
Primary Location: Cameroon-Yaounde
Organization: AF_CMR Cameroon
The World Health Organization is recruiting an Administrative Assistant (SSA) in Cameroon
TERMS OF REFERENCE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT:
Under the general supervision of the WHO Representative and the direct supervision of the Operations Officers, the Administrative Assistant supports the Administration. Specifically, he (she) will be responsible for:
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail;
- Processing of invoices submitted by suppliers and registration for payment by financiers;
- Provide support in the collection and processing of administrative activity data;
- Ensure compliance with WHO management rules and procedures;
- Update and archive files and documents for monitoring the execution of activities within the Administration and programs;
- Initiate program correspondence when needed;
- Provide administrative support for the preparation, holding and organization of meetings and program trips;
- Prepare periodic program implementation reports and other program communications and information products.
- Perform all other related duties as required.
According to established procedures and practices, the incumbent performs his/her duties under the supervision of the Office Administrator, manages his/her daily work efficiently and informs his/her supervisor of problems or unusual situations. The general orientation is given by the line manager, in view of the general objectives and instructions relating to the allocation of resources and/or the needs and priorities of the units/programmes in the country.
The incumbent will take part in the activities of the other members of the team as well as those of the other programs of the office.
- Ensure efficient use of resources
- Promote innovation and learning in the organization
- Promote integration and teamwork
- Lead by example
- Produce the results
Functional skills :
- Specialized knowledge of secretarial, management or office administration;
- Specialized knowledge of administrative rules, procedures and practices;
- Discretion and ability to build relationships with people of different nationalities;
- Precision in the work, good interpretation of existing regulations and manuals;
- Ability to maintain excellent human relations with people of all categories and nationalities;
- Have a perfect command of computers and common software: Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Internet browsing application.
6 – Education/Required Qualifications
High school diploma
- University degree in administration, accounting, management, law, social sciences, computer science and/or a related field or public health.
- University degree in Administrative Management is an asset.
7 – Essential
Experience : Have at least eight years of professional experience as a program assistant;
A good knowledge of the workings of Public Administration would be an asset.
8 – Language:
Excellent knowledge of French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language
9 – Other qualifications
Skills in teamwork and in the use of data management software, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc
To apply for this job please visit careers.who.int.