CALL FOR INTERNAL/EXTERNAL APPLICATIONS FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF AN ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT AND CASHIER FOR THE “PROJECT TO SUPPORT HOST COMMUNITIES AND REFUGEES AND AID FOR THE VOLUNTARY RETURN OF COMMUNITIES IN THE CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC IN EASTERN CAMEROON” (PROCAR) OF THE DEUTSCHE GESELLSCHAFT FÜR INTERNATIONALE ZUSAMMENARBEIT GmbH BASED IN BATOURI.
The political crises and violent conflicts in the Central African Republic (CAR) are causing major population displacements towards the regions of East, Adamaoua and North Cameroon, resulting in a difficult socio-economic situation. To deal with this, particularly with regard to the East Cameroon region, a project to support host communities and refugees, and to assist the voluntary return of communities from the Central African Republic in the East of Cameroon will be implemented. Resulting from the cooperation between the Governments of Cameroon and Germany, the project will have a duration of three years and six months, and will be implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in partnership with MINDDEVEL. For the current phase, the project will operate in the East Cameroon region and is structured around four (04) axes, namely: (1) Cash for work, (2) Strengthening of cooperatives and economic participation, (3) Social cohesion and psycho-social awareness and (4) Information and legal advice on returning to CAR.
This project, whose coordination is based in Yaoundé, has a branch in the Eastern Region. As part of the implementation of its activities, PROCAR is looking for an Administrative Assistant and Cashier for its Batouri office.
Description of tasks
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Administrative Assistant and Cashier will be mainly responsible for:
• Ensure the maintenance and management of the cash register;
- Withdraw cash from the bank and supply the cash register;
• Manage cash needs, as well as supply requests; • Ensure cash payments;
- Verify and ensure timely transaction entries in the Cashbook;
- Support in debt management;
- Ensure the monthly closing of the fund
• Ensure the logistical organization of meetings, workshops and other events; • Ensure the monthly filing of cash documents according to the GIZ filing system; • Support the preparation of internal and external audits of the branch; • Prepare requests for quotation for workshops and events; • Ensure other activities and tasks on instructions from his superior • Contribute to the analysis of pro-forma; • Organize the purchases of small office supplies and other small equipment of the project according to the rules and GIZ procedures in this area; • Contribute to the inventory of goods and equipment of the antenna; • Act as interim administrative and logistics assistant, and accountant in case of absence.• Assume any other task entrusted by his superiors.
• Diploma: BAC + 3 in the fields of finance, accounting management or other equivalent field; • At least 3 years of professional experience in a similar position, • Excellent interpersonal skills and a calm character • Good sense of work organization, • Proven experience in the organization of workshops and seminars; • Proven experience in dress and cash management; • Bilingual in French and English • Knowledge of computers, software from the Office package (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook), • Being able to work under pressure and in a multicultural team; • Knowledge of accounting software (WINPACCS, CASHBOOK) would be an asset;
Contract start date : April 01, 2023
Contract period : from April 1 , 2023 to March 31, 2025
Duty station : Batouri
Internal job classification: Band 2A, under the hierarchical supervision of the Project Manager
Deadline for admissibility of application files: February 15, 2023
Composition and submission of applications
- Composition (required) of application files: Letter of motivation, CV (2 pages maximum, specifying the city of residence of the candidate)
- All applications will only be received on our career site, via the e-recruiting platform accessible through the link: https://gizkamerun.jobs.net
Female candidates are strongly encouraged.