CALL FOR INTERNAL/EXTERNAL APPLICATIONS FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF AN ADMINISTRATIVE AND LOGISTICAL ASSISTANT FOR THE “PROJECT TO SUPPORT HOST COMMUNITIES AND REFUGEES AND AID FOR THE VOLUNTARY RETURN OF COMMUNITIES IN THE CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC IN EASTERN CAMEROON” (PROCAR) OF THE DEUTSCHE GESELLSCHAFT FÜR INTERNATIONALE ZUSAMMENARBEIT GmbH BASED IN BATOURI.
The political crises and violent conflicts in the Central African Republic (CAR) are causing major population displacements towards the regions of East, Adamaoua and North Cameroon, resulting in a difficult socio-economic situation. To deal with this, particularly with regard to the East Cameroon region, a project to support host communities and refugees, and to assist the voluntary return of communities from the Central African Republic in the East of Cameroon will be implemented. Resulting from the cooperation between the Governments of Cameroon and Germany, the project will have a duration of three years and six months, and will be implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in partnership with MINDDEVEL. For the current phase, the project will operate in the East Cameroon region and is structured around four (04) axes, namely: (1) Cash for work, (2) Strengthening of cooperatives and economic participation, (3) Social cohesion and psycho-social awareness and (4) Information and legal advice on returning to CAR.
This project, whose coordination is based in Yaoundé, has a branch in the Eastern Region. As part of the implementation of its activities, PROCAR is looking for an Administrative and Logistics Assistant for its office in Batouri.
Description of tasks
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Administrative and Logistics Assistant will be mainly responsible for:
- Receive and process mail
- Photocopy and scan documents as needed and file administrative documentation.
- Organizing information carriers and assembling them.
- Organize the supply of communication and internet credits
- Establish mission orders
- Make small purchases of office supplies
- Manage small office equipment (stock tracking, report supplies, etc.)
- Control printers / copiers and ensure their replenishment of paper, ink, etc….
- Plan outings and staff missions in collaboration with the drivers
- Managing journal subscriptions
- Control printers / copiers and ensure their replenishment of paper, ink, etc.);
- Report damage that it cannot repair, contact an external service provider and ensure the repairs;
- Monitor and support the repair work of the selected service providers;
- Ensure the verification of the proper functioning of basic services (electricity, water, etc.);
- Manage the passive security of offices: control and monitoring of fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, evacuation plan, etc.)
- Support the preparation of internal and external audits
- Carry out all other activities and tasks as instructed by his immediate superior.
- Diploma: BAC + 3 in the fields of logistics management or accounting or other equivalent diploma;
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a similar position,
- Good working knowledge of the use of information and communication technologies, computer-assisted accounting programs and computer applications.
- Knowledge of accounting software (Winpaccs, cashbook) would be an asset
- Good interpersonal skills
- Have excellent management and work organization skills
- Be able to work under pressure and in a multicultural team
- Have a very good knowledge of French and English languages, knowledge of the German language can be an asset
Contract start date : April 01, 2023
Contract period : from April 1 , 2023 to March 31, 2025
Duty station : Batouri
Internal job classification: Band 2A, under the hierarchical supervision of the Project Manager
Deadline for admissibility of application files: February 15, 2023
Composition and submission of applications
- Composition (required) of application files: Letter of motivation, CV (2 pages maximum, specifying the city of residence of the candidate)
- All applications will only be received on our career site, via the e-recruiting platform accessible through the link: https://gizkamerun.jobs.net
Female candidates are strongly encouraged.