International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
Administrative and financial assistant for the CBSL IP Equatorial Guinea project Vacancy
Unit: Cameroon Program Unit
Organization: International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
Location: Cameroon Program Office, Yaoundé, Cameroon
Supervision: Project Coordinator CBSL IP Equatorial Guinea
Activity rate: 100%
Expected start date: 1. February 2022
Type of contract: Determinate (12 months with possibility of renewal)
Deadline: 1. May 2022 (extended)
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is a Union of Members made up of governments and civil society organizations. It offers public, private and non-governmental organizations the knowledge and tools necessary for human progress, economic development and nature conservation to be achieved in harmony. Established in 1948, IUCN has grown over the years to become the largest and most diverse environmental network in the world. It counts on the experience, the resources and the weight of its 1,400 Member organizations and the skills of more than 15,000 experts. Today, it is an international authority on the state of nature and natural resources in the world and on the measures to preserve them.
The proposed GEF-funded project titled “Strengthening Sustainable Forest Management through Integrated Land Use Planning, Livelihood Improvement and Biodiversity Conservation in the Transboundary Landscapes of Monte Alen and Rio Campo in Equatorial Guinea” is implemented by IUCN, in collaboration with a series of national actors including INDEFOR-AP.
The objective of the project is to “conserve and sustainably manage biodiversity and forest ecosystems in the transboundary landscapes of Monte Alen and Rio Campo in Equatorial Guinea”, through an inclusive landscape approach, effective planning land use,
Project interventions undertaken at both landscape (Monte Alen and Rio Campo) and local levels will lead to a reduction in unsustainable logging and poaching, as well as better land use planning. These interventions will have significant benefits for biodiversity conservation, ecosystem functioning and carbon sequestration. The project will contribute to the protection of a globally recognized forest ecosystem, the Congo Basin forests, which are of national, regional and global importance, from further loss of biodiversity.
In addition, the project will encourage and support conservation activities, including transboundary conservation collaboration, and improved governance of protected areas. This will include addressing current knowledge gaps and insufficient capacities of relevant stakeholders.
To lead the activities of the project, IUCN is looking for an Administrative and Financial Officer. He or she will be placed under the supervision of the IUCN Cameroon office JOB
Placed under the general supervision of the Program Manager and the technical supervision of the Administration and Finance Officer of the Cameroon office, the Administrative and Financial Assistant of the project is responsible for executing and monitoring the financial and accounting operations of the the Project Management Unit in Equatorial Guinea.
• Keep the accounts of the Management Unit up to date in accordance with the IUCN procedures manual and the provisions of the financing agreements;
• Monitor and maintain the Project’s accounting system;
• Assist the Project Coordinator in the execution of administrative tasks;
• Organize and judiciously manage equipment and other logistical materials for the Project.
• Support in procurement
• Ensure the management of administrative and financial documentation
• Prepare and analyze monthly and annual financial reports;
• Prepare the annual budget with the other project managers;
• Prepare budget revisions with other project managers;
• Provide support to the organization and monitor the performance of audit assignments.
• Keep the accounting records of the Project;
• Ensure that Project Project financial reports are prepared and sent by the 3rd of the following month at the latest;
• Carry out the bank reconciliation of the project on the 30th of each month, at the close of the financial reports;
• Carry out the filing and archiving of the accounting documents of the office according to an adequate system;
• Edit and transmit the transactions of the project and those of the implementing partners to the Project Coordinator and the Administrative and Financial Manager of the Cameroon program;
• Prepare financial reports for the project and transmit them according to the contractual periods while ensuring the control of all financial information;
• Prepare, in conjunction with the Project Coordinator and submit them to the administrative and financial manager, in accordance with IUCN’s financial rules, format and accounting requirements;
• Regularly monitor the financial execution of the Project according to the approved budget and according to the standard format available;
• Carry out the year-end inventory (fixed assets, inventory, depreciation) of the project;
• Carry out the work of closing the accounts at mid-term and at the end of the year.
• Invoice the “staff time” costs of project management each month;
• Perform mid-term and year-end inventory of fixed assets and inventory
• Maintain a register and file of fixed assets and inventory of the project management office;
• Periodically monitor and assess the state of stocks, and prepare purchase requests;
• Supervise the upkeep and maintenance of project office equipment and materials;
• Prepare and facilitate the conduct of project audits, and implement the recommendations retained from the audits.
• Initiate the contracts of the execution service providers in relation to the Project Coordinator, the Administrative and Financial Officer.
• Provide support in the personnel recruitment process
• Keep personnel files up to date through rigorous filing
• Prepare the documents required when taking up service, promotions, appointments, assignments, absences, departures etc.
• Assist in updating the terms of reference
• Assist in the establishment or update of statistical personnel data
• Establish leave certificates
• Ensure the establishment of the payroll and control of the salary statements before allocation.
• Dispatching and filing of statements and payslips
• Preparation and settlement of mandatory tax and social
declarations • Declaration of employment of a worker not yet registered
• Establishment and transmission of entry and exit slips to the Institution in charge social security (case of recruitment or departure of a worker already registered).
• Administer the Human Resources management system
• Carry out any other formalities required with the administrative services for foreign personnel working in Mali
Treasury and miscellaneous operations
• Establish and send requests for funds to the Cameroon Office on time
; • Ensure effective cash management;
• Ensure all other specific tasks at the request of his immediate superior
– Prepare payment files;
– Ensure that the documentation relating to each payment is duly approved by the Project Manager and other designated officials, and put in the ERP system
– Any other task deemed necessary, within the limits of his competence, for the operation of the IUCN office and the project.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Hold a graduate degree at BAC+3 level in accounting, finance or any other related field.
• Have at least 3 years of professional experience,
• Have proven experience in human resources management,
• Master the various accounting techniques and IT management tools;
• A good knowledge of local legislation in the areas of taxation and local regulatory reporting obligations as well as the OHADA system is required.
• Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented.
• Great discretion on all strategic and financial information;
• Necessarily open-mindedness;
• Sense of communication and good interpersonal skills;
• Rigorous and precise in the work;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Have a perfect command of the official languages of Guinea and a good level in English, especially in writing and understanding text.
• Autonomy in work and ability to work in a multicultural team;
• Be highly available;
• Know how to manage stress.
Interested persons are requested to apply through the ” Human Resources Management System “, by opening the vacancy announcement and clicking on the ” Apply ” button.
Each candidate must create their own account in the system. No applications will be accepted after the closing date. Applications are admissible until 24:00 in Switzerland (GMT + 1h / GMT + 2h during the period of summer time, DST). Please note that only selected candidates will be personally contacted to participate in interviews.
To apply for this job please visit hrms.iucn.org.