As part of its humanitarian activities, the French association Première Urgence Internationale is looking for: Accountability and Learning Officer.
Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity, non-profit, apolitical and secular. Its objective is to meet all the basic needs of civilian victims endangered, marginalized or excluded by the effects of natural disasters, wars and situations of economic collapse. PUI is present in 22 countries, in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, the Caucasus and the Caribbean, and operates in the areas of food security, health, nutrition, infrastructure rehabilitation, water , sanitation and economic recovery.
PUI has been present in Cameroon since 2008, first on the East / Adamaoua front then in the Far North (EN) in 2014/2015, via its base in Maroua. It carries out emergency and recovery activities in Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (WASH), Nutritional Food Security and Livelihoods (SANME), Essential Household Items (AME)/Shelter. Since 2017, PUI has expanded into Logone-et-Chari (LC) from its base in Kousseri where teams carry out projects in SANME, EHA, Abri, AME as part of the Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM).
In 2022 PUI set up an RRM in the West region. Indeed, in recent years, Cameroon has been facing an internal crisis in the English-speaking regions of the North West and South West (NOSO). This crisis, initially based on corporatist demands from lawyers and teachers, gradually shifted towards strong secessionist demands and violent armed clashes.
These events lead to significant displacements of populations fleeing to areas considered safer, particularly in the Littoral and West regions.
PUI wishes to continue assistance to displaced persons from NOSO in the West region and extend the RRM to the Littoral region in 2023.
In this context, PUI is recruiting an Accountability and Learning Agent.
Under the direct responsibility of the SERA Base Officer, the Accountability and Learning Officer is in charge of:
- Support the SERA Base officer in popularizing the Feedback/complaint management mechanism among staff and communities by evaluating the awareness mechanism (staff orientation, distribution of posters in project sites, raising awareness during group activities, distribution, etc.).
- Ensure that all evaluations (PDM, satisfaction survey, evaluation, FGD/KII) include questions to assess the complaint/feedback mechanism.
- Support the integration of complaints/feedback mechanism data into the SERA system, ensuring that PMM data is frequently analyzed and reflected/discussed by all relevant team members and used for reporting purposes. ‘improvement.
- Support program teams in the implementation of strategies that improve and promote a high level of community participation;
- Ensure the integration of data from the complaint/feedback management mechanism in the implementation of project activities.
Responsibilities and fields of action
1. Deployment of the Accountability and Learning strategy on the base
2. Management of the sources of verification of the complaints/opinions management mechanism and learning
3. Support to the operational teams in the implementation and monitoring of the feedback mechanism 4. Accountability and Investigations
5. Learning and Capitalization.
Specific objectives and associated activities
1. DEPLOYMENT OF THE ACCOUNTABILITY AND LEARNING STRATEGY
- He/She will work in functional relation with the various project managers of the base.
- In conjunction with the SERA Base manager, ensure compliance with a schedule for monitoring, evaluation and development of tools for monitoring sources of verification and make suggestions for improvement.
- Support the organization and implementation of program workshops – launch, mid-term, exchange of lessons learned, etc.
- Ensure that feedback is given to the teams: on a monthly basis, an M&E inventory of each activity is produced and distributed to the teams after validation by the SERA manager (with support from the Project Managers). Alerts will be issued in the event of non-compliance of the implementation of activities with the planning.
- Sensitize field teams and beneficiaries on the importance of accountability and the proper use of MGP implementation tools.
2. MANAGEMENT OF VERIFICATION SOURCES
- Ensure that formats, sources of verification exist for the PMM – these should include all information relevant to verifying the implementation of the PMM.
- Ensure the proper management and reporting of verification sources: at the end of each activity in connection with the MGP, the sources must be verified, the monitoring tools duly completed and sent to the SERA Base Manager. Ensure that information from each source of verification is entered accurately and on time into project databases
3. SUPPORT FOR OPERATIONAL TEAMS IN THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE MGP
- Make suggestions for improving the tools for collecting complaints/feedback.
- Support the teams in the administration of collection tools, the processing of complaint management data and the analysis of data.
- Strengthen the capacities of community committees in the management of complaints/feedbacks.
- Raise awareness about complaint channels in the communities and support the community committees in identifying new channels.
- Support communities in awareness planning related to the implementation of the MGP and produce awareness reports on the MGP.
- Hold meetings once a month with the complaint management committees set up to identify new complaint escalation channels
- Discuss with communities on the most appropriate channels for escalating complaints.
- Refer complaints to the departments concerned (complaints that fall under PUI or sensitive complaints).
- Ensure the collection of complaints and feedback from beneficiaries retro information related to the implementation of projects / programs of the Base.
- Maintain a dedicated telephone line for collecting feedback/complaints and feedback.
- Accompany the SERA Base Manager in the handling of complaints in accordance with the required standards.
- Accompany the SERA Base Officer in monitoring the return of feedback to complainants.
- Ensure the protection of beneficiary data by adopting all the measures published by the mission and at the grassroots level in the context of accountability.
- Support the SERA Base Officer in all accountability activities by facilitating translation into local languages (PDM, Listening visits, Return of surveys to communities, etc.).
- Keep the complaints database up to date and produce a monthly/quarterly summary of the complaints/feedback collected on the database.
- Accompany the teams (if possible) in the implementation of surveys (translation into local languages).
- Oversee the collection of satisfaction data from beneficiaries.
- Actively participate in feedback sessions from field surveys and thus contribute directly to the analysis.
6. CAPITALIZATION & LEARNING ON THE BASIS
- Review reports, identify or extract and compile lessons, validate and share lessons in a timely manner with relevant team members using the most appropriate means to promote learning and improvement.
- Regularly update the lessons learned documents and their storage in the organization’s shared space.
- Contribute to the organization and facilitation of reflection/learning sessions on data monitoring.
- Promote the constant effort of knowledge management between projects by ensuring continuous documentation and integration of knowledge / lessons learned in their daily activities. This can be done by making regular field visits, reviewing implementation and disseminating the recommendation as quickly as possible.
- Disseminate the capitalization tools available to field teams.
- Participate in connection with the SERA base officer in the SERA internal exchange spaces (SERA Forum).
The list of tasks described above constitutes the general framework of your functions, your job profile may be clarified or modified at your request, at the request of your line manager and after validation by the administration.
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree.
- Professional experience
- At least one year’s experience in a similar position with a local or international NGO.
- Mandatory knowledge and skills
- Survey Methodologies
- Good writing ability
- Excellent knowledge of the use of Android phones or tablets
- Excellent mastery of the Office Pack
- Knowledge of at least one western or coastal language (Pidgin, Yemba, etc.)
Knowledge and skills appreciated
- Experience working with refugees, internally displaced
- Knowledge of the areas of intervention
- Knowledge of mobile data collection via Kobocollect and other data collection platforms – English
Personal characteristics required:
- Dynamism and sense of responsibility
- Honesty, transparency, confidentiality, impartiality and integrity
- Sense of commitment, reliability and rigor
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to adapt and great flexibility.
- Stress management and meeting deadlines
- Position based in Bafoussam (Western region)
- Fixed Term Contract.
- Salary defined according to the PUI salary grid.
- Candidates who are nationals of the locality of recruitment and/or resident will be given priority.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged.
HOW TO APPLY?
THE CANDIDATE MUST COMPLETE THE QUESTIONNAIRE ONLINE VIA THE LINK https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=K-qPwVmLHEikU3LK3T1ufTV7SuMnUmJKmqcYFWUagBFURUtJRFY0UVhDVjQxOEYxMktJVUhIV1lIQS4u , TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS firstname.lastname@example.org “ HIS NAME + JOB TITLE ” IN THE SUBJECT.
DOSSIERS PROVIDED WILL NOT BE RETURNED TO CANDIDATES.
1- THE CANDIDATE MUST EXPLICITLY SPECIFY THE POSITION FOR WHICH HE/SHE IS APPLYING.
2- ONLY PRE-SELECTED CANDIDATES WILL BE PERSONALLY CONTACTED.
3- THE ORIGINALS OF THE DIPLOMAS, WORK CERTIFICATE, RECOMMENDATIONS MUST BE BROUGHT BY THE CANDIDATES CONVENED FOR THE TESTS AND INTERVIEWS.
DEADLINE FOR FILING: Thursday, March 16, 2023.