As part of the implementation of its activities in Cameroon, the international humanitarian NGO INSO is looking for a LOGISTICIAN ASSISTANT (NE) .
Location: Yaoundé ;
Presentation of the NGO:
INSO is an NGO that supports humanitarian access for NGOs by providing reliable and objective, real-time analysis of local conditions relevant to humanitarian access. INSO improves the sharing of information and coordination between NGOs for the collective interest while preserving the neutrality of humanitarian aid. INSO works particularly on issues of humanitarian access, good information monitoring practices. INSO provides alerts and recommendations, analyses, precise contextual data, statistics, maps. INSO also organizes coordination meetings and trainings.
The Logistics Assistant assists the Logistics & Procurement Officer (LPO) in the programming and coordination of the logistics activities of the INSO base in Yaoundé by supporting, in certain aspects, the INSO implementation bases in the rest from the country.
Under the hierarchical supervision of the LPO, the Logistics Assistant is in charge of the following activities:
- Supervise and carry out the planning of the work of the drivers;
- Process vehicle service requests and oversee their maintenance and the conduct of necessary repairs;
- Ensure the administrative management of the vehicle fleet of the base, in particular their documentation in collaboration with his hierarchical superior;
- Calculate the fuel consumption of the Yaoundé base on a monthly basis and submit to his line supervisor;
- Alert their line supervisor in the event of overconsumption and, if necessary, make the necessary adjustments to the procedures for use;
- Ensure the implementation and completion of travel monitoring, fuel management and maintenance tools (log books);
- Ensure the daily and administrative management of the base equipment.
- Participate in the installation of base equipment, ensure that it is in good working order, that it is maintained and that any necessary repairs are carried out.
- Perform a monthly physical inventory of all equipment at the Yaoundé base and submit to his line supervisor;
- Monitor the stock of office supplies, cleaning products or any other item related to its activities and relaunch orders;
- Carry out regular inspection visits to all the base buildings in order to identify any repairs, maintenance or adjustments to be made.
- Supervise or carry out all repair, maintenance or development work on the base;
- Supervise daily workers and contractors contracted to carry out work on the base;
- Manage the payment of all building-related bills (water, electricity, gas, etc.)
- Contribute to supplies, purchases and digital and physical archiving according to the directives of his immediate superior;
- Provide logistical support for the various trainings, meetings, etc. organized in Yaoundé
- Perform any other related task requested by management.
- University degree related to the position or professional training in logistics
- Have a qualification and professional experience in humanitarian NGO logistics, Bioforce type and other relevant qualification;
- Fluent French and English;
- Mastery of the computer tool MS Office Complete environment;
Key personal skills
- Excellent team management and activity planning skills;
- Proven skills in report production;
- Mastery of the principles of inventory management;
- Control of the supply and management of the vehicle fleet;
- Good team spirit and conflict management;
- Excellent analytical and synthesis skills;
- Initiative ;
- Rigor and organization
- Good responsiveness / efficiency
- Sense of responsibility
- Sense of diplomacy and open-mindedness
- Strength of proposals, search for solutions
- Adherence to humanitarian values
Disclaimer : This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
INSO Safeguard Policy
INSO is fully committed to the safe recruitment, screening and vetting of all potential new employees, directors and volunteers and we will ensure strict adherence to our Code of Conduct and Protection Policy throughout the recruitment process. As such, the following safe recruitment practices will be applied:
- All offers of employment will be conditional on obtaining at least two satisfactory professional references.
- INSO will ask applicants about significant gaps in work history or frequent changes of employer and address.
- All essential qualifications and relevant professional accreditations and memberships will be verified.
- The successful candidate must provide a valid identity document (passport, identity card).
- All new recruits will receive orientation on INSO’s Safeguard Policy and Procedures and associated documents (Code of Conduct, Whistleblower, etc.).
- All new hires will be required to sign and abide by the Code of Conduct as a condition of employment.
HOW TO APPLY?
Application files ( Letter of motivation, detailed CV, reference of at least 3 people ) must be sent to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org with the mention of the subject of the e-mail ” Asst Log »
NB : It should be noted that applications will be processed spontaneously after receipt, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to give feedback to all applicants.
Deadline for submitting applications: 18/12/2022 at 24:00.