Action Contre la Faim is an international, non-political, non-confessional and non-profit Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). For our operations in Cameroon, we are looking locally for: RECRUITMENT OF 100 INVESTIGATORS (CONSTITUTION DU VIVIER) M/F
Base of attachment: Maroua
Number of positions: 100
Duration of contract: Depending on need
Start date: Year 2023
Supervised by: MEAL base Maroua
Location: Far North Region
Gross salary for the category: According to the salary grid in force of Action Against Hunger
Place of residence: Far North Region
Purpose of the position : Under the responsibility of the base MEAL officer, the investigators will work in close collaboration with the various project managers and the field staff in conducting household surveys and/or individual interviews and/or group interviews. groups on the programs implemented by ACF in the Far North region.
Diploma / Level of studies:
- At least a Baccalaureate and more all series combined. Experience in conducting surveys in the areas of food security, health, nutrition, WASH would be an asset;
- A university degree in the fields of agronomy, economics, statistics, health, education sciences, geography, human and social sciences, or any other degree deemed equivalent is an asset
Required Skills :
- Mobile data collection experience via kobo collect;
- Fluency in French and knowledge of the local languages of the Far North region (Fulfulde, Hausa, Arabic Choa, Moundang, Mandara, Mada, Zoulgou, Mouyang, Podoko, Kanuri, Mafa, Guiziga, Kapsiki, Kotoko, etc);
- Good knowledge of the departments of Diamaré, Mayo sava, Mayo Tsanaga and Mayo Kani, Mayo Danay;
- Ability to conduct group interviews, individual interviews;
- Strong adaptation to hard-to-reach areas;
- Experience in NGOs in conducting household surveys will be an asset;
- Resident in one of ACF Maroua’s project areas.
- Commit to respecting and applying ACF’s gender policy.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Dynamic, rigorous and respectful of established rules
Main tasks :
Mission 1: Conduct household surveys
- Make contact with the target households;
- Conduct household interviews;
- Collect data from these households, making sure that the respondent has fully understood the question asked;
- Respect the rules of neutrality and the dignity of respondents during data collection;
- Respect the time allotted for each question;
- Write a daily report in the required format.
- Commit to respecting and applying ACF’s gender policy;
- Integrate the gender approach into activities;
- Contribute to a work environment that takes into account the specificities of each other and avoids any discrimination;
ACF believes that everyone with whom it comes into contact regardless of age, gender identity, disability, ethnic origin or any other ground of discrimination has the right to be protected from any form of harm, of abuse, neglect and exploitation. ACF will not tolerate abuse and exploitation by staff, related personnel, partners or suppliers.
The employee must follow at least one training course on Safeguarding, respect ACF’s Safeguarding-PSEA policy, ensure that it is respected and apply it for the duration of their contract.
RECRUITMENT PROCEDURE The Action Contre la Faim recruitment procedure includes 3 key stages:
1. A pre-selection based on the file submitted (only candidates whose skills and experience correspond to the profile described in the offer are selected for the test written)
2. A written technical test
3. An oral interview
For each stage, only the selected candidates are contacted.
Send your application via this link:
Position reference: MA-MEAL-032023-001
For the attention of: Head of Human Resources Department, Action Against Hunger Cameroon
Only the selected candidates will be contacted by Action Contre la Faim in order to carry out tests and interviews.
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED
Deadline: March 26, 2023 at 5:30 p.m.