The delegation of the International Committee of the Red Cross for Central Africa in Yaoundé is seeking for its services three (03) qualified candidates to strengthen the team of the »Economic Security department (Ecosec) according to the indications below.
Position: Economic Security Generalist 2
Locations: Maroua & Kousseri (Far North-Cameroon)
Contract type: 12months, fixed-term contract (Cameroonians only)
Starting date: As soon as possible
The role’s holder is the backbone of ICRC Ecosec activities in the field and will be in charge of the following activities:
- Participates in the assessment of needs, proceeds to the formulation of project documents, its implementation and participates in the monitoring and evaluation of the various components of the Economic Security Program (Ecosec) such as food assistance, living conditions (Essential Household items). Support for agricultural/animal production, cash transfer, capacity building, food insecurity);
- Produces initial assessment reports, distribution of inputs, food, cash, post-distribution monitoring market monitoring, typology of groups, for each project/program
- Submit project proposals from Ecosec programs to the delegation in charge of the department for validation
- Maintains and organizes Ecosec program files, including beneficiary lists, reports, intervention zone beneficiary maps and all other important materials
- Works in close collaboration with administration, logistics and colleagues in the field, organizes the distribution of the food agricultural inputs for the benefit of beneficiary households and market gardening inputs for the benefit of market gardening groups
- Collects, analyzes the qualitative and quantitative data of the Ecosec program information through data collection tools and devices using methods parallel to household economics & contributes to the design and adaptation of data collection tools the present the result to the shareholders
- Collets nutrition information at the household level, builds on their overall design to highlight nutrition vulnerabilities and gaps.
Desired profile and skills
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in economics, social sciences, agronomy or rural development or any other related field
- 4to 6 years of professional experience in a similar position, humanitarian field experience is an asset.
- Fluent English & French
- Proficiency in a few locql languages (Fulfude, Shoa Arabic, Arabic, Kanuri, Mandara, etc.)
- Good knowledge of IT tools (Internet, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Good knowledge for analysis, synthesis, planning and evaluation
- Sense of organization, confidentiality, autonomy and team spirit
- Ability to adhere to general ICRC principles and procedures