Helen Keller International
Helen Keller International is a non-profit International Non-Governmental Organization, present in Cameroon since 1992 and therefore the mission is to save the sight and the life of the vulnerable and most disadvantaged populations.
As part of the implementation of the Vitamin A Supplementation (VAS) nutrition project, Helen Keller Intl -Cameroon is launching a call for applications for the recruitment of two (02) “VAS Monitors” based respectively in Kaélé and Guidiguis.
objective The objective of this project is to improve VAS coverage among children aged 6 to 59 months in routine activities in the health districts of Kaélé and Guidiguis in the Far North region. .
1) Title: SVA Monitors (02)
Type of contract: CDD
Duration: May 15 to December 31, 2022
II- Description of the following specific tasks:
Under the technical supervision of the Project Manager, the SVA Monitor will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the study in his health district .
Specifically, he will have to:
– Ensure that all the input tools necessary for the smooth running of the study are available in quantity and quality in the health facilities;
– Ensure that all children who arrive at the health facility and who meet the eligibility criteria for the study are indeed taken into account and registered correctly with all the necessary contact details in the enrollment form;
– Ensure the effectiveness of information, education and communication sessions before each vaccination session in the health facility;
– Ensure the effectiveness of individual monitoring both at the level of the health facility and in the community of enrolled children;
– Ensure proper completion of management forms/tools (enrolment, knowledge, abandonment, individual follow-up of enrolled children, etc.);
– Ensure that the vaccination data collection sheets and vaccination cards are immediately completed after any vaccination procedure;
– Ensure the proper management of input stocks;
– Participate in information, education and communication sessions;
– Interview parents to collect their points of view on the quality of information, education and communication sessions as well as on the quality of the implementation of vaccination activities;
– Inform the district of the evolution of activities in the health facilities every week for the purpose of specific adjustments if necessary; Perform any other task related to its missions requested by the hierarchy.
III- Expected results
– The tools/inputs necessary for the smooth running of the study are available in the respective health facilities, in quantity and quality;
– All children arriving in the health facilities and meeting the eligibility criteria of the study are well and truly taken into account and registered correctly with all the necessary contact details in the enrollment form;
– The information, education and communication sessions are effective before each vaccination session in the health facility;
– The individual follow-up both in health training and in the community of the effective children enrolled;
– The management sheets/tools (enrolment, abandonment, individual follow-up of enrolled children, etc.) are correctly filled in;
– Vaccination data collection sheets and vaccination records are systematically completed after any vaccination procedure;
– No health facility is out of stock of inputs;
– Training supervision of the activities of Community Health Workers (CHWs) by health area is effective;
– Reports on the progress of activities in the health areas are sent weekly to the health district for the purpose of specific adjustments if necessary.
The duration of the service is 08 months, i.e. from May 15 to December 31, 2022.
VI- Profile of the SVA Monitor
– Have at least Baccalaureate level + 2 in the field of health or any related field deemed relevant;
– Have at least two years of field experience in monitoring the implementation of projects;
– Having knowledge of the local language is an asset;
– Not be a staff of the health facility in which the activity is carried out;
– Residing in the area of responsibility of the health district is an asset;
– Ability to manipulate android phones for data collection is an asset;
– Be present in health facilities during vaccination sessions;
– Be polite, courteous and very respectful;
– Have good interpersonal skills; – Be presentable; – Be of good character.
Constitution of the application file
✓ A letter of motivation addressed to the National Director;
✓ An updated curriculum vitae;
✓ Three people or reference structures to contact.
The complete file must be sent to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 7, 2022 at midnight, the strict deadline. NB: HELEN KELLER INTL • DOES NOT ASK ANY FEES DURING THE ENTIRE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (HIRING APPLICATION, TEST, INTERVIEWS, PROCESSING OF FILES OR TRAINING) • DOES NOT ASK FOR INFORMATION ON CANDIDATES’ BANK ACCOUNTS • DOES NOT RECRUIT THROUGH A RECRUITMENT AGENCY In the spirit of our founder and namesake, Helen Keller is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is fully valued.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need to request an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact us at the email above or call: +237 697102 777
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com