The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is looking for 02 SARE ASSISTANTS as part of its activities .
Position title: Food Security and Economic Recovery Assistant (SARE) Line
supervisor: Program Team Leader Garoua-Boulaï
Place of work: Garoua-Boulaï
Work area: East, Cameroon
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private and independent humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in around 30 countries around the world. It is the first Danish NGO operating internationally for the protection of refugees and internally displaced persons against persecution and for the promotion of durable solutions to the problems of forced immigration and conflicts. All of DRC’s action is based on humanitarian principles and human rights, in accordance with United Nations conventions and the code of conduct of the ICRC and NGOs during disaster relief operations. The approach to protecting and assisting populations affected by conflict is provided in a long-term and rights-based approach to ensure a coherent and effective response to the challenges of today’s conflicts. The assistance consists of humanitarian aid, rehabilitation, support for returnees and repatriates as well as the promotion of long-term solutions to displacement and its causes. In addition, supporting and building the capacity of local and national authorities is an integral part of DRC’s work.
DRC is present in seven West African countries, namely, Mali, Guinea Conakry, Burkina Faso, Nigeria, Niger, CAR and Cameroon.
Currently, the actions carried out by DRC in the Adamaoua region are concentrated around the town of Meiganga and a sub-base was opened in Djohong in 2018. A new sub-base in the Eastern Region in Garoua Boulai has opened at the end of 2020.
General objective of the position
Under the direct supervision of the Program Team Leader Garoua-Boulaï, the SARE Assistant is responsible for the direct implementation of the project and its monitoring.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the implementation of the project in accordance with the established plans;
- Participate in the process of defining selection criteria with communities, identifying and selecting beneficiaries, household surveys and other studies (market research)
- Ensure post-distribution monitoring of unconditional cash transfers;
- Set up and monitor individual and/or collective IGAs or remobilize existing ones, train and support them;
- Accompany beneficiaries/groups in the development of Livelihood activities and their economic empowerment;
- Set up VSLAs, train its members, supervise and monitor their development and promote their empowerment;
- Update the database, collect and transmit all the information necessary for monitoring the project to the Program Officer and/or the Program Team Leader;
- Prepare and implement all activities relating to the information of beneficiaries and stakeholders;
- Contribute to the implementation of technical training necessary within the framework of the project;
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of the project;
- Write or contribute to the writing of reports requested by the Program Officer and/or the ProgramTeam Leader;
- Any other relevant task assigned by the supervisor.
- Engineering degree in agriculture, agro-economics, senior technician in agriculture, rural development, or technical professional trainer in the field, or any other equivalent degree in a relevant field;
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook software;
- Ability to work in an intercultural environment and to be flexible;
- Ability to work with methodology and rigor;
- Team player and ability to communicate clearly and respectfully with project beneficiaries, partners and co-workers;
- Driving license (A) would be an asset;
- Knowledge of the area of intervention;
- Advanced command of French;
- Proficiency in the local language (Fulfubé, Gbaya and Sango).
- Work experience in an international NGO, preferably humanitarian;
- Two years of work experience in Livelihood programs and in rural development
- Experience in creating and supporting VSLAs
- Experience in cash transfer programs
3- Personal qualities
- Great faculty of organization and precision;
- Able to work independently and take initiative;
- Strong resistance to stress and adapts to work under pressure;
LEVEL: The post of Assistant (e) SARE is classified in NMI in the job grid of the DRC
DURATION OF CONTRACT: 4 months.
START DATE: as soon as possible
HOW TO APPLY?
Applications must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the mention ” Title of the position ” containing a letter of motivation, a Curriculum Vitae, the contacts and the e-mail addresses of three references, in the DRC offices of Meiganga located in the Haoussa district or Djohong in front of Lamidat, Garoua-Boulai or sent electronically to the following address: CMR-RECRUITMENT@drc.ngo
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Friday February 17, 2023 at 5:30 p.m.