Take a Place in Our Team
Societe Generale Central and East Africa is looking for two (02) Management Controllers for its Regional Finance Department
Missions / Responsibilities / Activities
Under the responsibility of the Financial Steering Manager, your mission will be to:
- Ensure the production and analysis at Entity level of management statements and reports;
- Ensure the consolidation and analysis at the Regional level of management statements and reports;
- Anticipate changes through estimates and projections;
- Exercise financial supervision over a perimeter of Entities in the Region;
- Coordinate, monitor and aggregate the budgetary procedure and re-estimates at the Regional level;
- Contribute to the implementation of tools for monitoring the activity of the Regional Directorate;
- Ensure business monitoring of Management Control projects and support for change.
The senior management controller is responsible for:
- Relay and explain to the Management Controllers in Entities the calculation methodologies, indicators, standard support models applicable;
- Ensure the quality and consistency of the management systems and data reported;
- Ensure the production of summaries, reports and commented dashboards;
- Exercise an alert role within the Region, in conjunction with the Management Controllers of the Entities;
- Support the Entities and monitor the implementation of arbitrations and action plans;
- Carry out financial studies, business cases, benchmarks, etc. at regional level.
- Ensure the consistency of method at the Regional level of the accounting closing options in Entities;
- Ensure regional monitoring of activity and financial profitability;
- Coordinate the preparation of the budget, in conjunction with the Management Controllers of the Entities;
- Consolidate the Region’s multi-year forecasts (5-year capital planning);
- Check the application of Group rules and examine requests for exemption, if necessary;
- Produce financial summaries for the identified actors;
- Ensure consistency with the Entities’ management reports.
- Contribute to the dissemination and understanding of the standards and rules applicable within the Region;
- Ensure complementarity, the combination of Group and local standards.
- Control the quality of forecasts (back testing of actuals and projections) for the Region, including for the Entities placed under its supervision;
- Carry out 1st level checks (permanent monitoring);
- Contribute to the definition of controls and the review of business procedures, standardized for the entire Region.
- Contribute to the animation of the steering function from the Region by involving the Entity Management Controllers;
- Contribute to raising awareness and supporting the financial departments of the Entities on the issues identified
Projects and Developments
- Contribute to developing and improving financial management activities;
- Investigate proposals, exchanges within the ‘Financial Steering Community’, with a view to instructing the final decision-making by the Regional Financial Steering Manager;
- Drive and monitor the deployment of projects to simplify and standardize Finance processes and tools at the Regional level and at the Entity level.
Skills / Requirements / Qualities
Business skills :
- Mastery of management control tools;
- Mastery of financial reporting production methods;
- Writing, analysis and synthesis skills: be able to give the hierarchies the support and the necessary visibility on the activities in progress;
- Master office tools and business applications;
- Professional level of English
- Intellectual rigor, sense of autonomy and organization;
- Ability to adapt in multicultural environments;
- Tenacity and results orientation;
- Reliability and quality orientation;
- Organization and planning;
- Initiative and entrepreneurial sense;
- Sense of risk
- Bac+4/5 (Master, DESS, Engineer, etc.) in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Banking, management control or equivalent;
- Professional experience of approximately 3 to 5 years in a similar function;
- Experience in a banking and/or international environment would be a plus.
» Level of experience: Experienced
» Years of experience: Between 3 and 5 years
» Minimum Academic Level: Master
NB: Only Successful Applications Will Be Contacted Later.
Deadline for receipt of applications: Monday June 06, 2022 at 5 p.m. GMT.
To apply for this job please visit ats.talenteo.com.