Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
Job Title: Finance and Accounting Clerk
Location: Douala & Ebolowa Cameroon
Number of positions: 2
Main Officer: Finance and Accounting Officer
Start date: May 15, 2022
Application deadline: April 23, 2022
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and at more than 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those who are already infected. Today, thanks to the very fruitful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been eradicated.
Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of more than 1,000 – nine out of ten of whom work in the field – the Foundation’s overall mission is to implement HIV prevention, care and treatment programs, advance research innovation and to carry out strategic and targeted advocacy activities in order to bring about a radical change in the lives of millions of women, children and families around the world. For more information, please visit our page: www.pedaids.org.
EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health NACC and regional and district health teams to support HIV prevention, care and treatment and health systems strengthening services. EGPAF is primarily funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Support the Finance and Accounting Manager by ensuring that the financial and accounting operations of the local EGPAF office are carried out successfully.
Financial and accounting operations of the EGPAF field office strictly comply with EGPAF policies and procedures and specific donor rules and regulations. Also strive to ensure efficient and responsible use of donor funds.
1. Accounts Payable
- Assist in the timely processing of staff advances for travel and activities;
- Assist in the processing of vendor invoices within agreed timeframes.
2. Accounts Receivable
Assist in the collection, review and preparation of supporting documentation for field expense reports, ensuring the validity and accuracy of all expenses submitted.
3. Cash management/banking
- Ensure the timely banking of all unspent amounts reimbursed by staff as well as all checks issued in favor of the foundation for various transactions.
- Ensure that all supporting documents have been canceled after payment;
- Ensure that all supporting documents are scanned and uploaded to OneDrive;
- Ensure supporting documents are physically completed in accordance with policies.
6. Other Responsibilities
- Ensure proper filing of physical supporting documents;
- Support compliance audit/review exercises;
- Any other work-related task that may be assigned to him.
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum HND diploma in accounting;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills;
- Working knowledge of English and French;
- Strong work ethic and ability and willingness to work long hours;
- Ability to work in a team and willingness to learn;
- Minimum of one year of professional experience;
- Computer literacy, including accounting software;
- Willingness to travel.
Problem Solving – Problem solving is a person’s ability to use critical thinking to identify and analyze problems, evaluate the relevance and accuracy of information, generate and evaluate alternative solutions, and make recommendations.
Flexibility – Flexibility is a person’s ability to be open to change and new information and to adapt quickly to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
To apply for this job please visit phe.tbe.taleo.net.