Recruitment of an agricultural financing executive to support MUFID union in the implementation of the agricultural financing mechanism / yaoundé cameroon
The Union of Development Financial Mutuals (MUFID UNION) is the apex body of the Network of Development Financial Mutuals (MUFID).
This Network has 94 MUFIDs (1st category MFIs, the first of which opened its doors in 1992) with 115 service points distributed in all the 10 Regions of Cameroon. As of December 31, 2021, the network has 271,826 cooperators and more than 1.2 million associate members across the groups, net assets of 12.7 billion FCFA and a balance sheet total of 74 billion FCFA. The activities of the MUFID UNION and its affiliates (MUFID) focus on the creation of wealth mainly through the mobilization of savings, the granting of credits and the support of cooperators in order to fight sustainably against poverty and to stimulate economic growth and development in Cameroon, hence its slogan “Together, let’s create wealth”.
Therefore, the MUFID network is a major player in inclusive finance, agricultural finance, financing of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), and community development in Cameroon.
In order to strengthen the agricultural and MSME financing mechanism of the MUFID network, MUFID Union intends to recruit two (02) agricultural financing specialists (senior and junior) to complete the team of the agricultural financing division.
Missions / Responsibilities / Activities
- Support the development of the agricultural financing policy of the MUFID network;
- Support the development of financial products and services as well as various mechanisms adapted to the financing of agricultural value chains in the areas where MUFIDs are established;
- Support the development of the necessary tools in the financing of agricultural value chains;
- Develop agricultural financing procedures;
- Ensure the monitoring and evaluation of projects and/or financing programs for agricultural value chains and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs);
- Train MUFID agents involved in the financing of agricultural value chains;
- Animate and supervise producer organizations (Cooperatives, GIC, etc.);
- Monitor the commercial and economic performance of institutions involved in the financing of agricultural value chains (business plan, action plan, budget, dashboard, etc.);
- Analyze and evaluate agricultural and development projects;
- Monitor the implementation of action plans, projects and/or agricultural financing programs and budget execution;
- Write activity reports for various audiences, including MUFID affiliates and partners.
Skills / Requirements / Qualities
- University degree, preferably at bachelor level (for junior) and master or engineer (senior), in the fields of agro-economics, economics and finance or in any other related field.
Professional experience required
- Candidates must have a good knowledge of the agricultural value chain approach with at least two (2) years (for the junior) and five (5) years (for the senior) of experience supporting the financing of farmers , Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) and/or support to farmers’ organizations;
- Previous experience in agricultural finance policy development;
- Previous experience supporting financial institutions (improving commercial, economic or financial performance);
- Professional experience in the development of financial and non-financial products and services for the financing of agriculture, Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs);
- A proven experience and track record in conducting needs assessments and analyzing results, developing subsequent training and coaching plans, developing training programs and materials, organizing and delivering training;
- Practical experience in the organization and implementation of professional training/coaching programs in agricultural finance and/or access to products and services offered by financial institutions (financial education and training of trainers);
- Experience in the execution of agricultural finance and/or rural development projects and/or programs;
- Good experience in monitoring and evaluation of agricultural financing projects and/or programs;
- A good knowledge of IT tools;
- Leadership and organizational skills;
- Strong written, oral and presentation communication;
- Strong time management skills and an ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Experience in marketing and commercialization of financial products would be an asset.
- Language skills: A good command of French is mandatory. A good level of English is strongly recommended.
» Level of experience: Experienced
» Years of experience: Between 1 and 3 years
» Minimum Academic Level: License
» Cover letter
» Curriculum Vitae
Duty station: Yaoundé, with travel to various regions of Cameroon.
Planned starting date: 07/15/2022
To apply :
Please submit an expression of interest letter, resume and contact details of two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. on May 31, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Applications received after the deadline or incomplete files will not be considered.